CP - Super 16

Stiv Brown

I've got a CP-16R I recently picked up and I am wondering if anyone has converted one to shoot super 16 and is it a worthwhile conversion?

Also I've seen an option for a PL hardfront but also a CP mount to Arri B and S. Curious if anyone has any experience with these?

Thanks

• Premium Member
I've got a CP-16R I recently picked up and I am wondering if anyone has converted one to shoot super 16 and is it a worthwhile conversion?

Also I've seen an option for a PL hardfront but also a CP mount to Arri B and S. Curious if anyone has any experience with these?

Thanks

Talk to Ken down at Whitehouse Audio Visual, he is very well versed in the CP-16.

Also Visual Products offers a conversion for the CP-16.

Best,

-Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Or Paul Hillman at Visual Products.

He does a Super 16 mod, although I haven't had it done (yet!)

He can do them to models that supposedly can't have the mod, by extending the shutter out so you don't get the blur problem many have described. I think you lose about 1/2 stop with that mod.

I've used the ArriS-CP adapter though. Worked fine, on an Optar Illumina lens I had a while back.

MP

• Premium Member
Or Paul Hillman at Visual Products.

He does a Super 16 mod, although I haven't had it done (yet!)

He can do them to models that supposedly can't have the mod, by extending the shutter out so you don't get the blur problem many have described. I think you lose about 1/2 stop with that mod.

I've used the ArriS-CP adapter though. Worked fine, on an Optar Illumina lens I had a while back.

MP

I believe that the light loss is 1/3 of a stop for the Super 16mm Bowtie camera mod that Paul does.

Chrosziel made the finest combo Arri B and Arri Standard to CP camera mount. I have used one for over 20 years, and it still works great.

Ken