Ultrawide Lens

IvanKane

I have a Canon 1410XL-S and I'm getting a Nizo 3 Schneider-Kreuznach Ultrawide Lens. The thing is the Camera's lens is 65 and I need a Step up to 67 so it can fit.

I don't seem to be able to find it. Does anyone have any idea of where I could get a piece like that? :blink:

I have a Canon 1410XL-S and I'm getting a Nizo 3 Schneider-Kreuznach Ultrawide Lens. The thing is the Camera's lens is 65 and I need a Step up to 67 so it can fit.

I don't seem to be able to find it. Does anyone have any idea of where I could get a piece like that?

HI - I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THE CANON 1410XL-S - CHECK THE MODEL NUMBER AND YOUR DOCUMENTATION / LITERATURE. THERE ARE LOWER NUMBER MODELS AND THEY HAVE I THINK A 67MM OR 62MM LENS THREAD - COMMON SIZES.

WHEN YOU ARE SURE YOUR SIZE IS RIGHT, YOU CAN ORDER STEP-UP AND STEP-DOWN RINGS AT B&H PHOTO ON THE WEB FOR A REASONABLE PRICE. THEY HAVE ALL SIZES AND ARE A REPUTABLE SHOP.

ROCKET 88

I'm sure he made a typo.

It's the Canon 1014XL-S, and the 65mm refers to the focal length, not the diameter for attaching filters.

The diameter of the 1014 is in fact 67mm.

(I have owned this camera, so don't worry, I'm not guessing!).

The Nizo UWIII will work, although Canon did make it's own wide angle adapter for that camera.

They're both great pieces of glass (I own both of them!), although the Nizo UWIII works on more cameras than the Canon C-8 does.

Matt Pacini

Thinks guys. Thanks A Lot. Yebb it was 1014 not 1410 sorry for being dixlectic....

I'm sure he made a typo.

It's the Canon 1014XL-S, and the 65mm refers to the focal length, not the diameter for attaching filters.

The diameter of the 1014 is in fact 67mm.

(I have owned this camera, so don't worry, I'm not guessing!).

The Nizo UWIII will work, although Canon did make it's own wide angle adapter for that camera.

They're both great pieces of glass (I own both of them!), although the Nizo UWIII works on more cameras than the Canon C-8 does.

Matt Pacini

i have a 1014xls, and i also own the canon c-8 wide angle lens adapter. it screws on to the camera's zoom lens, and requires the focus to be fixed in the macro position. everything will be in focus from like two feet on or something. it is a great tool, i use it often.

http://jl-site.com/Super8/CanonWide.html

keep your eyes on ebay, i found mine for about 60 bucks if i remember correctly.

jk :ph34r: