lightmeter

bhaskar

Dear seniors & friends

This is bhaskars assistant cinematographer(india). iam planing to by

Sekonic Studio DeluxeIII L-398A If anyone using this meter, psl tel me, is it ok to start with this

(my budget is $250 to $300) i need ur sugggestions

• Premium Member

Perfectly good meter. I see no reason why one couldn't use it their entire career. If I remember right, Storaro still uses a spectra professional, a meter that came out in the 50s or 60s probably.

• 2 weeks later...
It's a damned good meter once you learn to use it. It also NEVER needs batteries. Great for a backup to some of the higher end meters for those times when there's no Radio Shack nearby

Thank you Mr.Sierkowski

• Premium Member

Hi bhaskar,

please change your user name to first and last name as per forum rules. Also please post your topics into the appropriate sub forums. This one is for classifieds only! Thanks.

The meter you're looking for is available here for around 200 Euro, I know a couple of fellow DPs here who use it and are happy with it. I for one wouldn't solely rely on an incident meter only, but that's probably more my lack of skill than anything else! :D

Cheers, Dave

Personally I would go with the Sekonic L358. This is basically the digital version of that meter. It should still be within your price range. In my experience Digital meters tend to not get knocked out of whack quite as easily as analogue ones and as such can take a lot more abuse. When they do fail it is usually in such a way where there was obviously a failure instead of just giving you an inacurate reading like analogue meters often will. The 358 is also water resistant and will give you readings at lower light levels than the 398.

Either meter would serve you will for many years, but I would personally go for the 358 if it is an option.

~Jess

Namaste,

I have Sekonic L398M incident light meter, very very reliable, always serves very well. I have used this meter in combination with Minolta Autometer 4.

Only drawback I observed with the 398M is the accuracy to read the meter below 40 foot candles.

Bhasker, please contact me oflist as you are located in India and I am based in Nepal that I might sell my meter to upgrade to Minolta Auto meter 6.

with best regards,

Namaste,

I have Sekonic L398M incident light meter, very very reliable, always serves very well. I have used this meter in combination with Minolta Autometer 4.

Only drawback I observed with the 398M is the accuracy to read the meter below 40 foot candles.

Bhasker, please contact me oflist as you are located in India and I am based in Nepal that I might sell my meter to upgrade to Minolta Auto meter 6.

with best regards,

Namaskara sir

Iam Styaing in bangalore(karnataka, india) is it possible to see the meter

Hi bhaskar,

please change your user name to first and last name as per forum rules. Also please post your topics into the appropriate sub forums. This one is for classifieds only! Thanks.

The meter you're looking for is available here for around 200 Euro, I know a couple of fellow DPs here who use it and are happy with it. I for one wouldn't solely rely on an incident meter only, but that's probably more my lack of skill than anything else! :D

Cheers, Dave

Thank u sir,

Hi bhaskar,

Cheers, Dave

Thank u sir,