Best Photographers

Barbara Knijff

• Premium Member
This topic is not very useful unless we post some examples.

That's whats great about the internet. Just google a name and you have all the examples you want. It would take up too much space if we all posted a bunch of images.

• 1 month later...

About Gregory Crewdson... his goal is to get really well lit and super super sharp images

- just my opinion but none of his photographs seem to have any soul - they are all dead inside, and while that may be his artisitic motif, I don't think all the perfect lighting and sets really need to be there to get that across.

They almost seem like a mockery of "hollywood" lighting. I'm not even interested in what's going on as much as I am looking at the lighting.

I think this carries well into the cinematography world and is relevant because too often you find DPs or general indie film makers who want to make everything look "hollywood" for the sake of looking professional with 0 artistic thought. Crewdson is the pinnacle of image "perfection" but who gets anything out of them being that way? Something to consider for both photographers and cinematographers. (BTW - Crewdson hires movie crews including a DP to light his shots for him)