New Work (16mm, HDV, Photography)

andrewwatson

Hello, i just updated my website with some new work and i would love some feedback.

General porfolio - www.andrewdavidwatson.com

Specific projects

16mm B&W reversal Music Video (shot with a bolex and Aaton LTR7)

www.andrewdavidwatson.com/v2/anberlin.html

Pacific Northwest Highlight footage - HDV

www.andrewdavidwatson.com/v2/lexhighlights.html

Audio Slide Show from Treviso, Italy

www.andrewdavidwatson.com/v2/treviso.html

Thanks!

Andrew David Watson

www.andrewdavidwatson.com

Edited by andrewwatson

Andrew, remember me at all from Lucky Day? Really nice looking footage!

Oh hey dude! how have you been? Talked to adam at all lately? Drop me an email, i've been in out and of philadelphia (i'm covering the election for the IFC channel so i have been all over the place). I'm still living in south philly so we need to get a beer!!!

Bowen - i cant reminder for sure but i think it was just the Sony ZU1, or maybe the newer model. I usually shot on the DVX/HVX and i cant reminder, sorry!

• Premium Member

I havn't heard from Adam too much, sadly. I know he's out on LA and doing some work there, but the further away we travel the less we seem to talk.

Drop me a line next time you're around the city. Life's kinda hectic with work at the day job and finishing up the Anthro degree, but e mail me.

Adrian.sierkowski@yahoo.com

• 3 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure i was shooting on the Sony ZU1 (man i sound like an idiot not knowing, but it wasnt my normal set up). I did some post color correction to the footage, but i think what really makes it stunning is the natural surroundings i had to shoot. Nothing beats shooting in Astoria on a clear early morning.

• Premium Member
I just wanted to chime in to tell you how incredibly impressed I was with your 16mm and HDV work.

What camera did you use for the HDV footage? It's really fantastic looking.

Andrew this comment has nothing to do with you personally just using what I see asked a lot lately to make a comment.

I hope someday we all come to the realization that it's always the person and never the hammer that makes great looking pictures. Funny how the generation after mine became so enthralled with tools over talent. I attribute that to manufacturers who marketed tools as the reason for greatness. Too bad the last 100 years of filmmakers were never taught that. In fact glad they were not.

Andrew this comment has nothing to do with you personally just using what I see asked a lot lately to make a comment.

I hope someday we all come to the realization that it's always the person and never the hammer that makes great looking pictures. Funny how the generation after mine became so enthralled with tools over talent. I attribute that to manufacturers who marketed tools as the reason for greatness. Too bad the last 100 years of filmmakers were never taught that. In fact glad they were not.

Walter, i 100% agrea. Great point. I, not to long ago, was really really obessed with what camera everything was shot on and tried my hardest to shoot on the best format i could, but lately i have learned it so much more about the stories and people. Good stories will always out live technology.

• 3 weeks later...
oh man, that was beautiful! Especially the wide dolly shot with the bay, mountains nd clouds in the HDV reel. WOW!

wanna know the best part? it wasnt a dolly, but a slow moving boat! This was the first time I ever shoot from a boat, but once you get the hang of it, shooting from a slow moving boat can yield some wonderful results!