Cinematography workshops and continuing education

Hi,

I would like to know your opinion on any workshops, short courses and any kind of cinematography education that could help develop a career in cinematography (I'm a 26 tv camera operator, who also works steadily as an assistant camera and gaffer on shorts, music videos, ads and some features). I've already spent 2 years on a media degree, and attended some workshops (steadicam, assistant camera...) here in my country. I also have a background (+5 years) on postproduction and editing.

What I'm looking now for is a way to continue my education (I keep shooting a lot of tests, anyway!). I've been toying with the idea of enrolling at LA Film School, or NFTS (If I ever get accepted), but spending 2 years full time I'm afraid could somehow slow down my career here...

So, I'm looking for quality short courses and workshops (weekend to 4 months) I could enroll to develop my cinematography skills. I'm looking for english or spanish courses anywhere in the world, and already found about the Maine workshops, the LFS Short courses and NFTS at London... Any other ideas I can add to the list?.

Thank you!

Jose

Hi,

I would like to know your opinion on any workshops, short courses and any kind of cinematography education that could help develop a career in cinematography (I'm a 26 tv camera operator, who also works steadily as an assistant camera and gaffer on shorts, music videos, ads and some features). I've already spent 2 years on a media degree, and attended some workshops (steadicam, assistant camera...) here in my country. I also have a background (+5 years) on postproduction and editing.

What I'm looking now for is a way to continue my education (I keep shooting a lot of tests, anyway!). I've been toying with the idea of enrolling at LA Film School, or NFTS (If I ever get accepted), but spending 2 years full time I'm afraid could somehow slow down my career here...

So, I'm looking for quality short courses and workshops (weekend to 4 months) I could enroll to develop my cinematography skills. I'm looking for english or spanish courses anywhere in the world, and already found about the Maine workshops, the LFS Short courses and NFTS at London... Any other ideas I can add to the list?.

Thank you!

Jose

Well Jose, i guess you know about ESCAC, there offer a short "master" program, great but highly prices, they have a new HD "master" awesome program but extremely expensive, take a look of both "masters". Another film school could be NYU they have several programs called "professional certificate" you can do a web search about it. I thought NYFS they have similar programs like NYU, i don't know what programs in NY could be the best, perhaps here someone could guide you... hope this info help

Xavier

NYU PC

http://www.scps.nyu.edu/areas-of-study/fil...l-certificates/

Edited by Xavier Plaza

• 4 months later...

Two Weeks of Cinematography and Advanced Lighting Techniques in Film Studio and motion picture lab Movie and Sound (www.movieandsound.it) in Florence. Combination of Film and Digital Video. Taught by award cinematographer Janusz Sikora who teaches filmmaking at University of Southern California and Dreamworks Studios. Janusz teaches his Dancing with Light Technique which is a comprehensive approach to visual expression where Cinematic Eloquence is of primary concern. Workshop is designed for Directors and Directors of photography as it deals with esthetics of cinematic interpretation. Students are encouraged to bring their own ideas as they will have chance to try their execution in professional environment of Film Studio. Program is unique in that it covers both Technical and Artistic aspects of cinematic expression.

Read about Program: http://www.cecov.it/altricorsi-en.html

Hi,

Thank you!

Jose