Website for short film contests

Yaron Y. Dahan

I'm not sure I understand exactly. Are you looking for someone to finance your short film? :unsure:

Someone might come along with other information, but I'm not aware of anyone who would want to invest in a short film in quite that way. Traditionally, you'll find your own financing to make a short film, submit it to festivals, and then hopefully get awards which give you and your talent attention. Then you parlay that attention into an agent and/or production deal to make a low-budget feature or write a screenplay.

The odds of that happening are, unfortunately, very low unless you have exceptional talent. To increase your odds of creating a career, at some point you'll have to find your own financing to produce a full feature (which ideally will have at least one recognizable "star" in it) and that will hopefully impress an agent or studio executive enough to get you to the next step.

I don't have it yet, but I may construct a comprehensive "film festival" guide on my website at a later date. In the meantime, do whatever you can to get your movie made and then get it out there for people to see! Good luck!

:)