P S Manushpsnandan

HD camera basics

Hi

Am from india and trying out hd for the first time in one of our projects, it is primarily shot on film(35mm) but we want to use hd for some of the action sequences which will be intercut with film footages, the rental house here is offering us sony HDC-F950 camera and SRW1 recorder, i dont know how good is this model for film conversion, am not able to get much details about this even from the sony site, it would be great if anyone could help me out with details about this camera like the asa rating, formats, recording media etc

Manush

Hi

Am from india and trying out hd for the first time in one of our projects, it is primarily shot on film(35mm) but we want to use hd for some of the action sequences which will be intercut with film footages, the rental house here is offering us sony HDC-F950 camera and SRW1 recorder, i dont know how good is this model for film conversion, am not able to get much details about this even from the sony site, it would be great if anyone could help me out with details about this camera like the asa rating, formats, recording media etc

Manush

Sure, it's the camera combination used on "Sin City" and "Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith", before they invented the F23.

The SRW1 is an HDCAM-SR tape recorder, 4:4:4 or 4:2:2, 1080P. Used on a lot of high-end HD cameras like the Viper, Genesis, F23, even attached to the Arri-D20 for recording HD.

There is info here on the F950:

http://bssc.sel.sony.com/BroadcastandBusin...t/hdcf950.shtml

May I ask why you want to intercut HD into your project that is primarily shot on 35? Are you just wanting to try out HD or is there a particular reason? I feel that the reason for doing it will help to dictate which HD cameras would be appropriate.

~Jess