Gear for Sale

Craig Knowles

I'm going to put a bunch of this stuff on eBay but I thought I'd offer it to the community here first.

1) ECLAIR ACL 1.5 16MM CAMERA

-- Excellent condition, perfect working order

-- Completely overhauled by Eclair guru Bernie O'Doherty in late 2007

-- Lazerbrightened viewfinder (www.super16inc.com)

-- Two 400' FRENCH magazines

-- Special Aaton-style wooden handgrip with thumb on/off switch

-- 8fps to 75fps motor

-- Haliburton case

-- Price: $1599

-- You may find cheaper ones out there, but this one is ready to shoot from day one. No hidden costs, no $500 overhaul required, no sticky shutter, no dry movement. Bernie has overhauled, lubed and reset the entire camera from the ground up. You're getting a great camera and most importantly, piece of mind.

2) HD-144 SUPER16 CONVERSION KIT FOR ACL

-- All the parts, instructions, diagrams, press-ons and knowledge needed to convert your Eclair ACL to S16

-- Originally purchased from http://members.aol.com/Super16ACL/submenu.htm

-- Paid $650, will sell for $599

3) O'CONNOR 50D TRIPOD AND LEGS + DOLLY WHEELS

-- Workhorse tripod with excellent 50D head and 150mm bowl legs

-- Originally purchased from an aviation company

-- Red/black legs, pan handle, solid head that seems like it will support of ton of weight

-- Spreader

-- Dolly attachment with large swivel wheels

-- Plastic tripod cylinder case

-- $999

4) ANGENIEUX 12-120 LENS

-- The standard Angie zoom lens you see on a lot of ACLs and NPRs from back in the day.

-- $175

I'm going to put a bunch of this stuff on eBay but I thought I'd offer it to the community here first.

1) ECLAIR ACL 1.5 16MM CAMERA

-- Excellent condition, perfect working order

-- Completely overhauled by Eclair guru Bernie O'Doherty in late 2007

-- Lazerbrightened viewfinder (www.super16inc.com)

-- Two 400' FRENCH magazines

-- Special Aaton-style wooden handgrip with thumb on/off switch

-- 8fps to 75fps motor

-- Haliburton case

-- Price: $1599

-- You may find cheaper ones out there, but this one is ready to shoot from day one. No hidden costs, no $500 overhaul required, no sticky shutter, no dry movement. Bernie has overhauled, lubed and reset the entire camera from the ground up. You're getting a great camera and most importantly, piece of mind.

2) HD-144 SUPER16 CONVERSION KIT FOR ACL

-- All the parts, instructions, diagrams, press-ons and knowledge needed to convert your Eclair ACL to S16

-- Originally purchased from http://members.aol.com/Super16ACL/submenu.htm

-- Paid $650, will sell for $599

3) O'CONNOR 50D TRIPOD AND LEGS + DOLLY WHEELS

-- Workhorse tripod with excellent 50D head and 150mm bowl legs

-- Originally purchased from an aviation company

-- Red/black legs, pan handle, solid head that seems like it will support of ton of weight

-- Spreader

-- Dolly attachment with large swivel wheels

-- Plastic tripod cylinder case

-- $999

4) ANGENIEUX 12-120 LENS

-- The standard Angie zoom lens you see on a lot of ACLs and NPRs from back in the day.

-- $175

Hello there,

What type of mount is the lens?

If the tripod is still available, I may be interested. Could you email me some details / photos lunaseafilms@mac.com

I'll get some pictures together tonight of everything and post them by Friday at the latest.

Thanks for your interest.

Craig

I'm curious about how you mounted an Aaton handgrip to the ACL. Does the rosette match up or did you have to do some major modifications?

Or is it simply an "Aaton-like" grip?

It mounts to the rosette on the Eclair and has a wire that goes from the grip and plugs into the camera. Honestly, I'm not sure how it was done or who did it. It was that way when I purchased it several years ago.

It's definitely more of an "Aaton-like" grip -- wooden, looks like a clenched fist, has a red thumb button that stops and starts the camera -- but isn't rod-mounted like a normal Aaton grip. But, it's wooden and looks very Aatonish. I think I wrote Aaton-style in my description.

Edited by Craig Knowles

It mounts to the rosette on the Eclair and has a wire that goes from the grip and plugs into the camera. Honestly, I'm not sure how it was done or who did it. It was that way when I purchased it several years ago.

It's definitely more of an "Aaton-like" grip -- wooden, looks like a clenched fist, has a red thumb button that stops and starts the camera -- but isn't rod-mounted like a normal Aaton grip. But, it's wooden and looks very Aatonish. I think I wrote Aaton-style in my description.

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for a replacement grip and so I thought I'd ask. It could perhaps be an Aaton that someone modified.....(?)