ARRIFLEX SR + ANGENIEUX ZOOM 14-44mm t 1.3 FOR SALE

andres victorero

I sell an arriflex SR 16mm camera.

The body camera is in great condition and acording to the previous owner was little used.

It comes with two 122 m. /400 ft. mag in good condition and one battery and charger. The battery is in good condition

With the camera i sell an Angenieux zoom BAY mount 16-44mm T 1.3 a super fast zoom that covers super 16 if you plan to convert it. Optically and mecanically in great condition. The zoom comes with rubber sunshade Series 9 filter + 85 filter

The camera runs quiet and all works properly.

Price 3500 euro + shipping.

I can send photos on request

• Premium Member
That's a pretty sweet deal. Wish the lens was still available with it though :/

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but just keep in mind that if 60643 is the serial number of the camera, that means it's one of the earliest Arriflex 16SR cameras that were made, which means it has the French motor and the French electronics (ARRI didn't start putting the German motor and German electronics into the cameras until camera number 60901). Parts for those earlier "French" cameras are nearly impossible to find so service can be a very real issue.

Best,

-Tim

• Premium Member
Hi Tim you´re right this is a Arri with French motor, but it has little use and the cam has long life if you don´t throw it into a pool.

Can be upgrade this camera to Arri SR2 electronic?

To the best of my knowledge you can't upgrade an older "French" Arriflex 16SR to Arriflex 16SRII electronics. I have heard of folks swapping the French motor for a German one, but I have not heard of anyone swapping the electronics, which are the achilles heal of those older "French" ARRI's.

That is not to say that your friend's camera is not in very good shape.

Best,

-Tim

• 2 months later...