Cheapo PDA to run pCalc and pCine

• Premium Member

I'd like to get a cheapo PDA on ebay so I can run these two programs. Can anyone give me a rundown on models I might check out? This will be the device's only purpose so I want something as small as possible, that runs well and calculates quickly, and has a good battery life. Any recommendations? There seem to be a lot of Palm IIIXEs available very cheaply.

I'd like to get a cheapo PDA on ebay so I can run these two programs. Can anyone give me a rundown on models I might check out? This will be the device's only purpose so I want something as small as possible, that runs well and calculates quickly, and has a good battery life. Any recommendations? There seem to be a lot of Palm IIIXEs available very cheaply.

I have a Handspring Visor Deluxe which is pretty much identical. If you want it send me a PM or email. I'll send it to you at shipping cost (I'll toss it in an envelope). I was about to throw it away last week.

Battery life is like a week on two AAAs. You would need to buy a USB cable for syncing and a stylus though. Both of which I've lost over the years.

im.thatoneguy at gmail.com

Edited by Gavin Greenwalt

There seem to be a lot of Palm IIIXEs available very cheaply.

I would get something a bit newer with a color TFT as I've had difficulty using these apps on my 3XE on a dark set as the green backlight on that model leaves a lot to be desired. Turning on the green backlight also sucks massive amounts of battery power when in use.

I recently purchased a Treo 600 on ebay?which is also a phone which is a plus?for about a hundred bucks and it's much easier on the eyes... and could even be used as an eyelight in a pinch. I'm sure you could find a Palm Zire 31 or similar model for much of nothing... or take up Gavin on his offer.

• 4 weeks later...