Cmode EDL from Final Cut Pro?

Matt Bizer

Is there anyone out there that knows how to export or convert an EDL to Cmode using Final cut Pro?

I am sending it over to the colorist tomorrow and I am not sure how to get them what they need.

thanks,

Matt

Is there anyone out there that knows how to export or convert an EDL to Cmode using Final cut Pro?

I am sending it over to the colorist tomorrow and I am not sure how to get them what they need.

thanks,

Matt

Hi!! i hope this helps!!

A Mode EDL : An A mode edit decision list is ordered based on the record in times. The list is sequential, and for each edit that is done, the master tape is recorded from start to end in a linear fashion. An A mode list takes the most time to execute.

B Mode EDL : A B mode edit decision list introduces the concept of "checkerboard" auto-assembly. In a B mode list, the order is determined by the -source tape and the record in time. A B mode list does not minimize source shuttle time, but it does minimize record shuttle time. Therefore, a B mode list is used when the source reel is short., and the record master is long.

C Mode EDL : A C mode edit decision list is also a checkerboard list. A C list orders the edits based on source reel and source in times. A C mode list minimizes source shuttle time, but not record shuttle time. Therefore, a C mode list is used when the source reel is long, and the record master is short.

D Mode EDL : A D mode edit decision list is similar to an A mode list, but all transitions other then cuts are placed at the end of the list.

E Mode EDL : An E mode edit decision list is similar to a C mode list, but all transitions other then cuts are placed at the end of the list.

best wishes!!

Treegan

Thanks so much. That helps, but really what I need to figure out is how to export my EDL from final cut to get this.

Thanks

1- you need to have the hole footage youre gonna correct in the same timeline and in one video layer only.

2- go to file menu> export> export edl

there you need to choose source edl and thats it!!

source edl is what you need, export it and send via mail to the telecine house to see if what theyre asking is that. sometimes the C mode edl are named as Cue Sheet.

bye!!

Gral. Treegan

Edited by General Treegan

1- you need to have the hole footage youre gonna correct in the same timeline and in one video layer only.

2- go to file menu> export> export edl

there you need to choose source edl and thats it!!

source edl is what you need, export it and send via mail to the telecine house to see if what theyre asking is that. sometimes the C mode edl are named as Cue Sheet.

bye!!

Gral. Treegan

Thanks for the help!

Best,

Matt