ZEISS 10-100mm

Keneu Luca

• Premium Member

Keneu,

Yeah, that's an ARRI standard mount. They look a little weird on those lenses, especially when compared to that same lens with the ARRI bayonet mount (which has a little cone around the rear element), but that is how the ARRI standard mount looks on that lens.

Best,

-Tim

• 1 year later...
  • Premium Member
Hey Tim. I have since acquired this Zeiss lens. I wonder if I would encounter problems using this lens with a PL adapter on an Aaton XTR?

Any ideas?

No way of telling without seeing the whole set up. You'd have to carefully try it to see, and I mean carefully, so as to not crack the mirror.

Best,

-Tim

Yes, go carefully. I had the Arri Bayonet T3 version of that lens on my Aaton mount LTR for a while and there wasn't a problem.

You could try getting a PL mount fitted to the lens.

Thanks guys.

I know what I'll do. I'll insert the lens, set the camera to 75 fps, and let her rip! That way, I'll surely hear the shutter smash into the lens.

Actually, I wonder if anyones ever accidentally done that? I cant imagine the agony they experienced if they did. Ouch.

• Premium Member
Thanks guys.

I know what I'll do. I'll insert the lens, set the camera to 75 fps, and let her rip! That way, I'll surely hear the shutter smash into the lens.

Actually, I wonder if anyones ever accidentally done that? I cant imagine the agony they experienced if they did. Ouch.

Keneu,

The more common scenario is someone slides the lens into the camera, with the mirror shutter in the normal "off" position, which puts it right in the path of the incoming lens. And the rear of the lens strikes and cracks (or shatters) the mirror. Then there's usually lots of cursing and swearing.

Best,

-Tim