NEED ADVICES FOR BEST FILM SCHOOL!

Hey guys!

I'm a newbie in filmmaking, and im looking for best school in filmmaking and directing, any suggestions are appreciated, my friend suggested a filmschool in Asia, Phils which is located in Cebu The International academy of Film and Television. What you think guys? have you heard of it? please help me out. JUST NEW IN THIS CRAFT :rolleyes:

Hey guys!

I'm a newbie in filmmaking, and im looking for best school in filmmaking and directing, any suggestions are appreciated, my friend suggested a filmschool in Asia, Phils which is located in Cebu The International academy of Film and Television. What you think guys? have you heard of it? please help me out. JUST NEW IN THIS CRAFT :rolleyes:

This is "subtle" spam. It's floating through the net in various incarnations. Nothing really wrong with the Cebu school, AFAIK, but their promoters are posting these sort of "infomercials" all over the place....

The best film school depends upon your personal goals. Film schools are not one size fits all. If you want to make experimental films then SFAI and Boulder are good bets. If you want to make personal documentaries then apply to Harvard. Animation, perhaps Cal Arts. Most film schools place emphasis on the usual industry stuff. If your goal is to make a living in Hollywood, you have a few obvious choices such as USC and UCLA that have a lot of grads working in town. Oddly enough in the past year I've also come across a number of Emerson grads in a variety of positions. There appears to be a small Emerson mafia developing.

Define what you want to learn, and some long term goals if you can, then decide. Also film school is expensive, and a huge investment of time and energy. Don't do it unless you have the tenacity and drive to follow through. Many people graduate from film school only to do something else when they are done.

Also note that many film programs are very competitive so apply to a large number of schools. The chances of any one individual being accepted into USC or UCLA are slim to none.

Edited by Douglas Hunter

Oddly enough in the past year I've also come across a number of Emerson grads in a variety of positions. There appears to be a small Emerson mafia developing.

I'm an Emerson undergrad. Unfortunately we actually call it the "Emerson mafia", which sounds a bit tacky to me. How are my fellow alumni doing for you? I'm curious what our reputation is. I have a lot of issues with Emerson, but ultimately I went on scholarship and am learning a lot in the BFA program. So I'd have to rate my experience positively.