Characters walking upside down on roofs

Hey guys, i'm gonna be working on an experimental short film soon, as a DP. I've got everything ready and designed for the shoot ( even though we don't film until April), except for a couple of scenes where 2 characters will be walking on the roof of a room, upside down. Their upside down movement resembles the scenes in 2001: A Space Odyssey where the astronauts and attendants walk on the walls until they're completely upside down. I've seen a documentary about 2001 and it didn't explain how Stanley Kubrick was able to do those scenes.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me a practical, low budget way of doing this.

I included a picture below if anyone needs to get a visual idea of what i'm talking about:

post-29947-1202502024.jpg

You can achieve the effect by dressing your room upside down.

I.E. putting armchairs on the ceiling and chandeliers on the floor. Not easy nor cheap.

The effect in 2001 was achieved by linking the camera to the room, the place where the astronaut walk is esentially a treadmill which runs at the same speed as the room is revolving. The room and the camera turns while the actor remains on the (real) ground (at least that's what i remember). again Not easy nor cheap.

Hey guys, i'm gonna be working on an experimental short film soon, as a DP. I've got everything ready and designed for the shoot ( even though we don't film until April), except for a couple of scenes where 2 characters will be walking on the roof of a room, upside down. Their upside down movement resembles the scenes in 2001: A Space Odyssey where the astronauts and attendants walk on the walls until they're completely upside down. I've seen a documentary about 2001 and it didn't explain how Stanley Kubrick was able to do those scenes.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me a practical, low budget way of doing this.

I included a picture below if anyone needs to get a visual idea of what i'm talking about:

http://web.mac.com/k3_films/TREEGAN/Demo_R...t%26vfx-web.mov

the7th commercial in my vfx demo reel have some rotating rooms. its not cheap and not easy for art department.

good lock with youre project!!

G.T.