Let's share some still photos...

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member
I have a Flickr site that I pay a few bucks for each year, so I might as well promote it :)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonathanbowerbank/sets

I'd love to see some work from all of you as well.

Yep. Flickr is a great way to share photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnbrawley/

jb

Yep. Flickr is a great way to share photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnbrawley/

jb

Great idea John!

I'll try to look at the links you guys posted as soon as i can..

In the meantime, since I don't have a flickr account yet, here's a small gallery of my pictures on Facebook. Feedback, of course, is welcome ;)

Just finished browsing all the galleries posted so far, and I have to say I'm very impressed: I know it's just a sample from a restricted number of members, but the level shown is pretty high and there's so much variety in the subjects and styles.

Congrats to all!

p.s. Chris, I think your link is not working, you wrote "flicker.com", but it should be "flickr.com"

Edited by Francesco Bonomo

• Premium Member

You know, after spending around 10 hours scanning 2 rolls of film. . . Sometimes I question why I don't just go out and get a D40. . .

That being said, there's some really amazing work up above. I haven't gotten through all of them, yet, but thus far some really beautiful shots!

You know, after spending around 10 hours scanning 2 rolls of film. . . Sometimes I question why I don't just go out and get a D40. . .

That being said, there's some really amazing work up above. I haven't gotten through all of them, yet, but thus far some really beautiful shots!

The only reason I'd ever use film now is to get the film signatures. Since I've gotten my D40 I've experimented a whole lot more and aside from the disciplining part, learnt a whole lot more.

But check out the D80 because the D40 has no autofocus motor built into the lens limiting you to specific Nikon and Sigma lenses. And because the CCD is smaller, the optical viewfinder is aswell, so manual focus lenses can be difficult to use.

Failing that, the Canon 400D. That has the autofocus motor built in.

The new D60 seems like a complete gimick.... I wouldn't touch it.

• Premium Member

Personally I still prefer my F4 and FM10. I toyed with some of the Nikon D series, but they automate everything and eventually i abandoned it (not being able to figure out the buttons!). I don't even use autofocus on my F4 (and those old manual lenses are much cheaper!)

I'm lucky here in Phila that I have an awesome lab for E6/C41 and B/w development. I havn't the room to do my own developing/dark room anymore :(

• Premium Member
p.s. Chris, I think your link is not working, you wrote "flicker.com", but it should be "flickr.com"

Apparently I have invented a way to copy and paste something incorrectly. Don't ask me. :blink:

The proper, corrected link is here.