LOMO LENSES FAST SPEED V NORMAL SPEED

abdul jamal

HI

IS there any quality difference in glass between the fast speed lomo oct-19 lenses and the normal speed beside the obvious one stop difference ?

is the hight speed sharper at the same t-stop ?

thanks

A some complex question, because, LOMO - brand name of lens production company, and what " normal speed" lenses you mean.

LOMO manufacturing of lenses many years and had many versions of lenses at every rate of focal distance.

For example :

18 mm lenses can be: OKS-1-18-1, OKS-5-18-1. OKS-7-18-1, OKS-10-18-1 and more ets ( i don't know of all versions ).

The every version of lens have original optical scheme , original glases, original technical characteristics.

That's why to discuss about sharpness only not real.

From other side, LOMO had special series of " normal" speed lenses from last generation with " super sharp" characteristics.

The 18 mm lens from this series OKS-10-18-1 18 mm F2.0 with resolution of 70 lines per mm at centre.

the 18 mm lens from " fast " series OKS-7-18-1 18 mm F 1.4 have resolution of 70 lines per mm at centre too.

But, from opinion of my colleagues, the " sharpness series " of LOMO lenses have real sharp image.

The other 18 mm lens OKS-5-18-1 18 mm F2.5 have resolution near 65 lines per mm at centre.

But, OKS-5-18-1 have optical scheme with 10 components,

OKS-7-18-1 have 13 components,

OKS-10-18-1 have 11 components.

And the real difference of picture from all this lenses can show of test footage only.

As for me, I have LOMO prime lenses from "normal " series at version from Kinor-35H camera set, and : " fast speed series " of Kinor-35 H camera too.

And can tell you my personal opinion, what, my fast 50 mm, 75 mm lenses have a some soft image from

" normal " speed 50 mm and 75 mm lenses.

About sharpness, i not see too much difference . ( I told about test image at one position of aperture ).

That's why, the final sharpness of lens depend from version of lens, optical scheme, condition of lens.