India company that makes Mole-like lights?

Zachary Vex

I was recently informed that there's a company in India that makes lights which have interchangeable accessories with Mole-Richardson products.

Does anyone know the name of this manufacturer in India?

I don't recall the name of the company, but one stage in NY had them and I recall that they were junk.

best

Tim

There is a couple chinese made Arri ripoffs that are really nicely made, i would almost say they are made better than the real deal(i havnt used the hmi units yet, hopefully i will in the next week or two). They are usually sold under the name filmgear.

I havn't heard of M-R ripoffs at all.

• Premium Member
There is a couple chinese made Arri ripoffs that are really nicely made, i would almost say they are made better than the real deal(i havnt used the hmi units yet, hopefully i will in the next week or two). They are usually sold under the name filmgear.

That sure is interesting. I have heard a number of horror stories about these. They are being used in Eastern Europe quite I bit I have heard. Supposedly they even fall apart when being handled with care. And they are not built well at all, really large error tolerances and low-quality materials used!

Cheers, Dave

Edited by David Auner

An Arri fresnel can easily last 10 years. What happens though is that parts tend to rattle-off as the fixtures spend their lives bouncing around in the back of a van. So you want to buy from a company that's got a proven track record --Arri or Mole. Also, the Arri units aren't much more expensive then the Chinese knock-offs.

An Arri fresnel can easily last 10 years. What happens though is that parts tend to rattle-off as the fixtures spend their lives bouncing around in the back of a van. So you want to buy from a company that's got a proven track record --Arri or Mole. Also, the Arri units aren't much more expensive then the Chinese knock-offs.

Until recently, the Chinese Arri rip off's have been selling for less than third of the price of the Arri's over here in Australia, making them a lot more financially viable, even if the only have half of the lifespan.

Everything I have heard from users over here has been mostly positive, and all the tests that have been done on them have come out fairly evenly matched to their Arri counterparts.

Thankfully Arri have recently lowered their prices.