LA generator rentals

Daniel Madsen

• Premium Member

I think Hollywood Rentals has some generators that small. In my experience though, it doesn't pay to really go with those smaller generators. Price wise, they are almost the same, but I have had reliability issues with the smaller ones.

Also talk to Cinerep/ Amps, they may have what you need.

Kevin Zanit

Cinerep's 350A towable is my go to generator for smaller shows and I haven't run into any problems so far. I suppose you could get by with their 165A (about 20kW) towable but for such a small difference in price it may not be worth taking the chance. I wouldn't imagine that a 165A would contain a 100A bates outlet, it seems like it would be an invitation to overamp a leg of the gennerator. However, I could very well be wrong because I don't remember the last time I worked with a generator of that size. Worst case scenario you could rent a snakebite, just make sure you're good on power.

You may just want to call Cinerep and try to explain what you're doing. I've found them to be pretty helpful people and they should be able to answer any questions and point you in the right direction.

Edited by Frank DiPaola