Nikon R8 remote control

steveb40

Are you looking for that special R8/R10 remote which plugs in on the lower side of the body? Those are rare but turn up on ebay now and again. Or are you just wanting to run the camera from a cable? In that case any standard mechanical cable release will work. I suspect you are looking for the special one but thought I would mention this.

Rick

www.friendlyfirefilms.ca

Are you looking for that special R8/R10 remote which plugs in on the lower side of the body? Those are rare but turn up on ebay now and again. Or are you just wanting to run the camera from a cable? In that case any standard mechanical cable release will work. I suspect you are looking for the special one but thought I would mention this.

Rick

www.friendlyfirefilms.ca

I'm not really sure. All I want to do is be able to run the camera while on a tripod without having to grab the pistol/trigger. Will the cable release do this? Where can I find one?

THANKS!!

-steve

steve wrote "All I want to do is be able to run the camera while on a tripod without having to grab the pistol/trigger. Will the cable release do this? "

yes. they are very standard. any decent camera store should have one for about $25 or less. take the Nikon with you if there is any uncertainty. it's a standard 'plunger-type" mechanical release. It screws in the front of the R8 I believe. (Great camera by the way)

the fancy Nikon remote I thought you might be after has special features, though I am not sure what they are. never seen one, only heard of them.

Rick