Shooting Shooting Dented, Refrigerated 35mm Rolls with new 35mm rolls

Wai Choy

I recently got six 1000' rolls of Vision2 200T 5217 donated by Kodak that has minor dents on the outer rim. They have been in my fridge ever since. I've noticed that there has been a bit of freezing of water inside the fridge, so I'm guessing that somehow the temperature has dipped below 32 degrees F and 0 degrees Celcius. I don't know what the humidity level of the fridge is.

My shoot will be in 2 months and I will be purchasing 9 more 1000' rolls of the same stock, new from Kodak.

Should the footage shot on the film in my fridge and the new film I buy look the same?

Also, how can I tell if the film in my fridge is okay?

Thanks.

• Premium Member
Should the footage shot on the film in my fridge and the new film I buy look the same?

Also, how can I tell if the film in my fridge is okay?.

Everytime you use a different batch, particularly if the storeage may not have been 100% you should try to avoid having to intercut between the two batches - IE shoot one part totaly on one batch and shoot another different setup on the other batch, then if there are any minor differences they won't show up.

Your Lab can run a clip test from each roll, which takes 4-10 feet and processes it, looking for damage and also seeing if the fog level has come up. Since there are dents, this would also use up the film that is most likly taken the brunt of the damage.