JVC HD 200 Sci Fi Short at Babelgum.com

A short feature I dp'ed with the JVC HD200 has been uploaded to the babelgum film festival. You can view quite a nice H264 version trought the site' software.

We had a small budget, 6 days for shooting and a ligthning kit consisting basically on kino flos and dedolights, apart from a 575 HMI Fresnel with chimera for fill. There are some nice moves also, done with a custom made jib arm.

The short will be transfered to 35mm anamorphic at deluxe (was shoot with stock fujinon lens) and what you can see is a temporary color correction, but would like to hear your opinions.

And if you like it... you know ;-)

http://www.babelgum.com/download/?ak...&clipId=110487

Jose

• 2 months later...
Guest Joshua Powless

That was incredible, I was curious was any of that shot natural and then composited? It was so beautiful the gradient sky's and the color. Very impressive.. I'd love to ask you more questions if you'd let me my email is powless1@gmail.com

:D

That was incredible, I was curious was any of that shot natural and then composited? It was so beautiful the gradient sky's and the color. Very impressive.. I'd love to ask you more questions if you'd let me my email is powless1@gmail.com

:D

Thanks!. It was a really hard work, not just from my team, but also from the production and art department, pulling such nice sets out of thin air and hard work. You can have the best camera and gear, but without something inspiring to thow light at... In this case, both the locations and sets were simply magnificent.

There were very little FX shots on this, basically erasing mikes and other 'shooting problems'. I don't remember it exactly, but as far as I now, just one of the long shots of the cathedral were enhanced by a grad filter in Apple Color, so all other shots were shot clean, or, in very few cases, with a GRAD ND or GRAD CHOCOLATE. There's no composition in this short in the strict term, apart from motion tracking and painting objects to be erased.

Please feel free to contact me via private or trought my website.

Cheers,

Jose

• 3 weeks later...