Step up ring for lens

Gregory Almond

I have a set of Carl Zeiss super16 primes,

& 25 mm

I have been trying to get a lens hood to work with it to prevent reflections in the mattebox, (This is all school equipment therefore nothing really matches well together.)

There was a set of lens step up rigs, but not a single one fit our lens, and the lens' themselves do not have the ring size of it.

So i am trying to figure out what size i need.

on the lens, it says:

Carl Zeiss

NR6170289 (Specific to the 25MM)

Distagon

1:1,2

25mm, 16, 12, 9.5 (each one is a specific lens)

Thats obviously for our 25, i am trying to get it to fit up to an adapter that i have which is a tiffin 901 retaining ring, it too does not have it's actual size on it.

Does anyone know?

I unfortunately am at home right now and don't have them in front of me.

Thanks in advance

Greg Almond

• Premium Member

Greg,

Not sure this is what you're getting at, but Zeiss, or someone, made step up rings for the Zeiss Super Speed Mk1 lenses. I had a set back when I used to own an Aaton. There were two different sizes, one for the 9.5 and 12, and the other for the 16 and 25. They brought the OD of the lens front to 80mm, which is kind of an industry standard.

Here a a couple of pics. You can see how they were labeled:

StepRings1.jpg

And looking at them from the side:

StepRings2.jpg

Best,

-Tim

• Premium Member

Greg,

That, I have no idea. The two I had came with a camera package. Don't have any idea where the original owner got them. You may want to take the two pictures above and contact Visual Products, maybe Alan Gordon, or Isaia & Company, or any of the other camera shops, maybe someone has a couple laying around.

Best of luck,

-Tim