Zeiss mark 1 superspeed filter size

Mark Williams

Thanks Brian but I wouldnt be asking if there wasnt! The 25mm and 16mm have a 58mm thread and the lenses are 62mm round.

The 9.5 and 12mm have a 70mm diameter and it would be easy to think the thread size is going to be 66mm and it might very well be. However Id like to check before ordering a step up ring.

• Thanks 1

The 9.5 and 12mm have a 70mm diameter and it would be easy to think the thread size is going to be 66mm and it might very well be. However Id like to check before ordering a step up ring.

A 67mm thread is more likely since that is a fairly standard size.

& I think that was the filter size on the 35mm MkI Zeiss high speeds.

Those lenses have been upgraded with 80mm fronts in order to make them uniform. The original Lenses had none. I dont know whether the 80mm front rings will undo? Why did you say the external diameter was 70mm when its 80mm on the attached front rings? If you took the 80mm front rings from 9.5mm and 12mm lenses then you would have a 70mm diameter lens and probably a 67mm thread size. ALTHOUGH I'm unsure of the thread size and is why I asked here.

Edited by Mark Williams

Mark: I come from very far from Visual Products... I wrote the link because I haved to double check if these wide angles have or don't have front threads: mine lenses, the similar from the pictures, don't have it. As I wrote, the original front diameter is 70mm. The others 16 /25mm mk1's have a 58mm internal thread. All the best,

Mark: I come from very far from Visual Products... I wrote the link because I haved to double check if these wide angles have or don't have front threads: mine lenses, the similar from the pictures, don't have it. As I wrote, the original front diameter is 70mm. The others 16 /25mm mk1's have a 58mm internal thread. All the best,

Hi lluis The reason I assume you can add a filter is because I have tried one on the 25mm and 16mm and can see a thread on the 9.5mm and the 12mm. Does your 9.5mm lens look like this?

post-8092-1205508561.jpg

Hi lluis The reason I assume you can add a filter is because I have tried one on the 25mm and 16mm and can see a thread on the 9.5mm and the 12mm. Does your 9.5mm lens look like this?

I no longer have my MK!s to check, but that thread in the picture looks like it's designed for screwing in the front element retaining ring rather than screw mounting filters. That's not to say you couldn't screw a filter on, but it looks rather like there only a couple of threads to hold it.

Mine is with the front completely flat, but I am sure that you can't thread anything in front of this (picture) lens. These lenses cover super 16, condition to putting a 70mm slip-on external housing, if not will vignette...

Mine is with the front completely flat, but I am sure that you can't thread anything in front of this (picture) lens. These lenses cover super 16, condition to putting a 70mm slip-on external housing, if not will vignette...

I dont know about that But yes they do cover super 16mm so hopefully will be alright in standard 16 with an anamorphic lens attached.

I no longer have my MK!s to check, but that thread in the picture looks like it's designed for screwing in the front element retaining ring rather than screw mounting filters. That's not to say you couldn't screw a filter on, but it looks rather like there only a couple of threads to hold it.

Brian You may be right I cant be sure. Regarding the 25mm and 16mm thoughI have already had a 58mm filter on them. If not I will just have to settle for using the Anamorphic lens on my EX-1 for a 1:66 frame or My krasnogorsk 3 for the wide angles. :)

• 9 years later...

Brian You may be right I cant be sure. Regarding the 25mm and 16mm thoughI have already had a 58mm filter on them. If not I will just have to settle for using the Anamorphic lens on my EX-1 for a 1:66 frame or My krasnogorsk 3 for the wide angles. smile.gif

Did you figure out the size for the front?

C

• 5 years later...