Bolex H-16 Rex 2 - Full System - Rare Condition

Bryan Darling

I've owned several Bolex cameras and this is by far the quitest and smoothest. It is very clean and in perfect cosmetic condition. This has the larger 10x viewfinder which is the main reason I got it. It makes a big difference in focusing. It also has an adjustable shutter. The following is included:

1- Bolex RX2 Body with all lens caps

1- New Tobin TXM-26B Crystal Sync Motor

4- Schneider RX lenses (top of line with Switar): 1.8/10, 1.2/16, 1.4/25, 2.8/75mm

1- Switar 2.5/18-86 EE (seems to work but not sure how to use automatic features)

4- Bolex Extension tubes for macro work (#1,2,3,4- full set)

1- Filter Holder

7- Assorted Kodak Wratten filters

1- Bolex pistol grip handle

1- 100' take-up

The film I've shot through this has been superb, the lenses are very sharp and beautiful. You really will be pressed to find a better camera kit. The camera and lenses were purchased from a private party in Belgium. The seller collects, trades, and works on Bolex cameras. The Tobin motor was purchased in 2006. These motors are not currently being manufactured, this was from the last "batch" The rest of the kit was gathered over the years.

I'm asking $1300 obo.

• 11 months later...
Guest Alec Simonson

Going out on a limb, but still for sale? Anyone have a kit similar to this? Prefer a Rex 2 or Rex 3 with 3 non-zoom lenses. Any H16 Reflex will suffice, though. Camera should function. No electric motor desired. Need spools, would love a pistol grip. Essentially need everything to get up & running on 16mm. Thanks!

Edited by Alec Simonson