My short film finally finished

My short Hold Me Tight is finally finished. This is about an escaped convict in the 1820's - it's had a long and torturous post production route but is finally seeing light of day.

There's a fairly detailed web site here - we ended up going with a really brutal bleach bypass and grain effect, which I think suits it really well.

logbuttondown.jpg

The DVD will be out in a few weeks and will contain:

-16:9 Anamorphic version

- 4:3 letterbox version

- Directors commentary

- making of discussion doco

- Out takes (and there's some really funny ones!)

- 37 minute rough cut long version

- the original 16mm footage, before we switched to HDV :-( (depending on telecine cost I should add!)

- Preview (trailer) - for Hold Me Tight and In My Image as well

- DVD rom component with the script and web page etc

- a couple of easter eggs, and anything else I can think of

I'm starting to check out festivals now too - it's nice to have something finally finished - all my projects seem to take too long though :-(

But anyway - I'm happy!

Any thoughts/impressions/feedback welcome - I'm yet to redo the preview with the new bleach bypass effect - but will get round to that shortly

Scot

Guest Billy Furnett

This looks really cool. Great locations. Nice costumes. Beautiful actresses. Interesting info on the site as well. Should be a sweet DVD.

Congrats on finally getting it done.

hey this looks awesome. I'm a 13 year old cinematographer and film director ( I got awesome work and i am going to post it) any way i am very inspired and i am guessing it was done in australia, which was awesome to cause i live in australia. thnx alot, inspired a lot, its great to see awesome aussie work. I am working on a film called "the lost boy"

Jed Read Productions :rolleyes: :P

Guest John Lasher

One question: Why both 16x9 and 4x3 Letterboxed?

Any DVD player made to spec will automatically letterbox a 16x9 image (for 4x3 sets) unless it's set wrong. There's really no point to having a separate 4x3 Letterboxed version, just wasted disc space.

Edited by John Lasher

One question: Why both 16x9 and 4x3 Letterboxed?

Any DVD player made to spec will automatically letterbox a 16x9 image (for 4x3 sets) unless it's set wrong. There's really no point to having a separate 4x3 Letterboxed version, just wasted disc space.

I didn't know that - my DVD player won't do that - perhaps there are still alot of older ones out there - so I might as well keep it just for that - thanks for the tip though

Scot

• 1 month later...