Cine Alta Seminar or Camp

Gary McClurg

I tried a few searches on the net.

Maybe I didn't use the right key words.

But looks like I can get the use of some Cine Alta's for a project of mine later this summer.

I like to know if anyone knows of a good three day so camp or course that a dp friend and I can take to really get to know more about the camera.

Thanks

Edited by Gary McClurg

• Premium Member

Call a camera rental house in your area and ask if you can come in and shoot some tests on a "Cine Alta." Otherwise you'll be spending more money on the training seminar for two than an actual camera rental.

Which CineAlta? CineAlta comes in many different flavors nowadays.

There are workshops which cover the F900 plus other HD cameras.

http://www.gancietv.com/cgibin/eDatCat/GTVstore.cgi/

I notice on their site that they're planning a RED workshop as well.

The International Film Workshops do a HD workshop.

Some rental companies offer one day workshops.

Which CineAlta? CineAlta comes in many different flavors nowadays.

The F900... its been a long time since really I shot anything real(I'm the producer/director type)... we have two Cine Alta's we can use... so I have a dp friend who mostly shoots film... so since the cameras are free to use... why not learn....

The owner now has two vipers so the 900's just sit there collecting dust now...

Edited by Gary McClurg

• Premium Member

The Santa Fe workshops are probably the best (and only) workshops you should take if you are serious about taking a workshop. It's the best place to learn about everything HD if you need to learn fast (within 1 week) although if you have access to the cameras and you are willing to put in a lot of time with the cameras and a lot of time studying everything about them and HD online, then you can save yourself the $5,000 (not sure if that's still the price, but thats what it was three years ago).

I have been to a few of the Santa Fe workshops myself, but as a volunteer most of the time and once as a presenter with the Cine-Speedcam. And I learned alot from just sitting in on a few of the presentations.

If you do decide to go make sure you participate, ask a lot of questions and get as much hands on experience as possible, it's the only way you'll commit everything you learn there to memory.

The Santa Fe workshops are probably the best (and only) workshops you should take if you are serious about taking a workshop. It's the best place to learn about everything HD if you need to learn fast (within 1 week) although if you have access to the cameras and you are willing to put in a lot of time with the cameras and a lot of time studying everything about them and HD online, then you can save yourself the $5,000 (not sure if that's still the price, but thats what it was three years ago).

I have been to a few of the Santa Fe workshops myself, but as a volunteer most of the time and once as a presenter with the Cine-Speedcam. And I learned alot from just sitting in on a few of the presentations.

If you do decide to go make sure you participate, ask a lot of questions and get as much hands on experience as possible, it's the only way you'll commit everything you learn there to memory.

Thanks... $5k... yeah maybe only one of us should go...