Why is this legal?

Phil Rhodes

Quotation marks means an exact quote! That is the definition of what a quote is! That is what the English language as a whole has made standard. Where do get the idea that quotations mean anything else? Paraphrasing does not use quotation marks. It's a lie to refer to me in quotes if I didn't say it. I'm not going to stand by and let you get away with it.

Good bloody grief are you serious????????

Come on....people put things in quotes every day and they DON'T mean direct quote. For instance to be sarcastic, I can refer to some one as a "actor" every one knows what I mean. It means they claim to be an actor but they are not really an actor in the real sense.

I guess you are going to stand by and let me get away with "it" because I just did!!

R,

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You refer to my point and then quote something. How is that sarcasm or anything but a quote? Saying you don't really mean a quote when you quote something is ridiculous! It's a pathetic excuse. Do you really think anyone believes you? It's obvious you tried to imply it as a quote from me to make me look bad, it's libel.

You refer to my point and then quote something. How is that sarcasm or anything but a quote? Saying you don't really mean a quote when you quote something is ridiculous! It's a pathetic excuse. Do you really think anyone believes you? It's obvious you tried to imply it as a quote from me to make me look bad, it's libel.

Libel? Just a second, :D :D

Ok I'm back now, I will PM you my address if you wish, feel free to file a lawsuit.

My guess is however that since you are working two jobs you don't have any where near the income level to hire lawyers, etc. Bring it on! As W is fond of saying.

You have the whole thread just print it out and show it to the judge.

Hey, maybe Gloria Allred will take your case pro-bono?

R,

Two jobs and broke? Why do you continue to make stuff up? You know nothing about me or any jobs I have or don't have. I freelance in TV. I said I am an EMT, yes, I have worked as a set medic. I'm not a one trick pony that can only shoot, I have depth.

Do you have no other argument for what you did other than denial and attacking others?

Edited by Michele Peterson

Do you have no other argument for what you did other than denial and attacking others?

I did nothing, if you are expecting some sort of apology, my fingers are now in the appropriate position.

I will say this Michelle, you have brought much humour and amusement to an other wise rather dull forum.

We haven't had this much entertainment since the famous Nikki Mundo. You're great comedy!!

R,

Again with the cheap insults. You aren't convicting other that I am wrong by insulting me and people don't automatically believe it just because you say it. If someone who can have a mature debate has an actual point they'd like to make, then this would be worth continuing. Otherwise, Richard, you can throw in your next insult in a failed attempt to cover up your lack of a good argument, but you're the only one who actually thinks you come across well, so I can rest assured that everyone else will see through your next attempt to lie and insult me. Your track record speaks for itself.

Again with the cheap insults. You aren't convicting other that I am wrong by insulting me and people don't automatically believe it just because you say it. If someone who can have a mature debate has an actual point they'd like to make, then this would be worth continuing. Otherwise, Richard, you can throw in your next insult in a failed attempt to cover up your lack of a good argument, but you're the only one who actually thinks you come across well, so I can rest assured that everyone else will see through your next attempt to lie and insult me. Your track record speaks for itself.

Eh? What? What insult?

Oh I see you must have misunderstood, when I said, "my fingers are now in the appropriate position". That means all five fingers raised and together with the palm facing out, the entire hand moving from side-to-side. Other wise known as a "wave."

Unless of course you where "reading" some thing "else" into my "post".

FYI, the guys are PMing me telling me you are quite hilarious and that I should keep winding you up. You are entertaining, that much we know.

R,

Oh! For goodness sake! Shut up, both of you, Please! The rest of us can't get a bloody word in for the two of squabbling. Why don't you swap email addresses and continue this privately.

-Matthew. :angry:

P.S: 1'52.121! I'm nearly as good as The Stig! :D

That's the great thing about internet forums it's all silent and you can jump in when ever you want ;)

R,

Oh! For goodness sake! Shut up, both of you, Please! The rest of us can't get a bloody word in for the two of squabbling. Why don't you swap email addresses and continue this privately.

-Matthew. :angry:

P.S: 1'52.121! I'm nearly as good as The Stig! :D

I'm sorry, Richard. That was an awful overreaction on my part. I'm just sick of whining feminazi Michele Peterson telling us white males how universally horrible we are, and that we see successful women as a threat to our masculinity. She's just such a pathetic hate-mongerer, keen to blame the evil white male for every injustice in the world.

On a happier note:

1'49.286!! WOO HOO!!

I'm sorry, Richard. That was an awful overreaction on my part. I'm just sick of whining feminazi Michele Peterson telling us white males how universally horrible we are, and that we see successful women as a threat to our masculinity. She's just such a pathetic hate-mongerer, keen to blame the evil white male for every injustice in the world.

On a happier note:

1'49.286!! WOO HOO!!

Go get real! I never said or believed anything even close to that.

WOW!

I'm new to this site (been reading for awhile, but this made me want to post for the first time) and I hope this isn't how it always is. Attacking people doesn't come across as impressive (IMHO as an outsider).

Edited by Dan Colline

• Premium Member

Welcome to cinematography.com!

I can assure you that normally, this place is very much different - even in RED threads... well, sort of.

The intellectual and professional level on cinematography is very high, and it is without a doubt the most profound and diverse internet forum on this subject.

I would however stick to two rules:

Never start a threat that has as topic line "Film is dead", and stick to discussing political, economic, legal and societal issues with people able to impart insights into it that are not based on blogs or news websites :) .

I can assure you that Richard is a very professional, determined and creative (and film-savvy) filmmaker, and Michele is one of the people who actually work in the LA area professionally in film (there are too many consumer camcorder videographers around recently).

Whether you are a pro, or a newbie, this is the place for you. Just by reading around, you will learn alot, irrespective of your existing knowledge.

Cheers,

-Michael