NPR Sync Warning Light

Tim Terner

• Premium Member

I have the NPR with a perfectone motor. On getting up to speed the red light on the motor lights up and then goes off when up to speed - I've read the ACL manual that says the red light lights up when out of sync and the NPR manual says it stays on when in sync. Any help appreciated

I have the NPR with a perfectone motor. On getting up to speed the red light on the motor lights up and then goes off when up to speed - I've read the ACL manual that says the red light lights up when out of sync and the NPR manual says it stays on when in sync. Any help appreciated

It depends the motor.

The perfectone ciblo (non crystal) has the red light on when speed is reached.

The newer crystal perfectone (The Perfectone Compact Universal Motor) like most crystal motors has the red light on when out of sync and no light when sync.

For the various conversions of the ciblo I don't know...

check here as well: http://members.aol.com/npr16mm/

cheers, Bernhard

Edited by Bernhard Zitz

• Premium Member

Thanks Bernhard. I have 2 motors, one with a controller box that also has a light. The other motor does not even have a light. When running the camera with with the control box and motor the light comes on on the box but not on the motor. I'm a bit confused

post-6700-1206337403.jpg

post-6700-1206337413.jpg

post-6700-1206337423.jpg

Thanks Bernhard. I have 2 motors, one with a controller box that also has a light. The other motor does not even have a light. When running the camera with with the control box and motor the light comes on on the box but not on the motor. I'm a bit confused

I'm sorry for providing wrong information before. I just had a look at my motors and found out that the old perfectone ciblo (non crystal) has no light at all. So your's without red light is the regular perfectone ciblo.

The one with the controller box is a crystal conversion. I also have this one but without the controller box, I never was able to run it. Does it have markings for 25i/s or 24i/s? The box looks like it has a replaceable quartz, I guess there was one for 25i/s and another for 24i/s. To find out if it's 25i/s simply point your running camera on a running PAL-TV; if you have no interferences and no breathing it's 25i/s otherwise it's probably 24i/s but this has to be checked in an other way.

hope this helps, cheers, Bernhard

• Premium Member

I've never had the "old perfectone ciblo ' on the camera before Bernhard but put it in yesterday to do your PAL-TV test. There is actually a little yellow lamp that comes on and stays on when running (there also wasn't any interference in the image on the TV). The control box, which is for the other motor, has no markings for 25i/s or 24i/s. Here is better pics of the front and back

post-6700-1206436073.jpg

post-6700-1206436083.jpg