Do the Mitchell Camera Corp. records still exist?

chris smith

Hi I am trying to track down some info on my Mitchell BNC (when it was made, who bought it, ect)and have had no luck. I think The mitchell records still exist but I can not find them. With out them I can not find out any thing. Dose any one know were they can be found? Any help would be very great full!

Chris Smith

• Premium Member
Hi I am trying to track down some info on my Mitchell BNC (when it was made, who bought it, ect)and have had no luck. I think The mitchell records still exist but I can not find them. With out them I can not find out any thing. Dose any one know were they can be found? Any help would be very great full!

Chris Smith

Hi,

Joe Dunton still owns the records & the Mitchell company, they were not sold to Panavision with the rest of his company.

Stephen

Hi,

Joe Dunton still owns the records & the Mitchell company, they were not sold to Panavision with the rest of his company.

Stephen

Hi thank you for the info!!! Do you know were they are located? Now I have a little bit of hope!

Chris Smith

Hi Lester Dunton posts on here lets hope he sees yours . Glad to here that Engulf and Devour [Panavision] dont have the lists.

Hi I found them, they are in wilmington NC. They still have the record and some parts. But they just moved so they did not know how long it would take to look up the info. I am glad they will even look up info for you! But stupid me I forgot to ask if they have record on tripods/sticks, I have mitchell sticks #1 with a 20th century pictures tag(it came with BNC 14 at least the matte box is 14, but the body is 284!)! I do not want to call them again, so I guess I will ask them when they call me back! Thank you all for your help! I will now hopefully know more then it was found in a junk/thrift shop in LA! Again thank!

Um, so exactly where is this junk/thrift shop? ;-)

-- J.S.

He told me he found it in thrift shop in encino ten years ago paying $4000 for it. He sold the guts but I got the blimp, large astro-berlin lens, friction head and sticks for $500 off ebay from him. I think I got a deal!!!

Chris Smith

The records and drawings, spares and patterns are still intact, but we have just moved them and are about to embark on a re-organisation project. Hopefully by the end of the summer we will have a website available for enquiries, but in the meantime we will do our best to look some of this infomation up for you.

• Premium Member

Hello Lester,

As a man in possession of three Mickies I am glad you are still holding these items. Can you divulge who controls any design patents? I guess time has passed enough where designs might even be beyond ownership. Did Panavision get those or are they in your mits?