Zeiss 10-100 T* T3 mk1 question

Matej Pok

Hi, I´m asking this because, on the back element of the Zeiss is writen "Only for Arriflex 16SR".

I know it was made in the age of Arriflex 16 S/B and there was some major modification (also in shutter) in the later SRs, but I´d like to know if someone uses this lens with NPR ?

Will it work, or back element hits shutter?

Thanks.

• Premium Member
Hi, I´m asking this because, on the back element of the Zeiss is writen "Only for Arriflex 16SR".

I know it was made in the age of Arriflex 16 S/B and there was some major modification (also in shutter) in the later SRs, but I´d like to know if someone uses this lens with NPR ?

Will it work, or back element hits shutter?

No it will not AFAIK. The lens was designed to be used with the SR iris control or something of that kind. You won't be able to fit the lens without removing these probes extending from the rear element housing. I tried to fit one on my NPR, but quickly saw that it wouldn't work.

Cheers, Dave

No it will not AFAIK. The lens was designed to be used with the SR iris control or something of that kind. You won't be able to fit the lens without removing these probes extending from the rear element housing. I tried to fit one on my NPR, but quickly saw that it wouldn't work.

Cheers, Dave

It's possible to have the little rods removed. The lens I owned had them originally and over the years I used it on both a CP16R and an Aaton.

Thanks.

So, if I remove these two little rods, will it work? There isn´t any problem with shutter and back element?

You may want to try coupling it really gently and inching the shutter by hand very slowly to see if there are any problems. Or even better, try measuring the distances with calipers. Fom here, it looks just like mine though, which didn't come with any rods, and fits perfectly in any Arri B mount camera.

If worse came to worse you can change the back element part. I know Bernie O'Doherty changes lens mounts for about $300, I am sure he can make the lens work for you, you may want to give him a jingle if you are in the US. In Europe/ UK, Les Bosher can do it too.

www.super16inc.com/

www.lesbosher.co.uk/