Who's Familiar with Color?

David Mun

I have a question regarding that program. I don't have a copy myself so I have no idea, but maybe someone that owns it can tell me if its possible.

Lets say you are shooting something and you have a screen grab of the footage you just shot. With that picture, you make your color corrections using the program and then is it possible to give whom ever it is doing the post work your color corrected image for them to apply that to the video clip?

or Is there a number value they can just plug in?

or a file of some sort that can match the file name of the video clip and your still image so they both match?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guest tylerhawes

You can export a CDL (Color Decision List) that they can import and that will work a lot of times depending on factors (it's looking for the same shot names, etc., so if you're using entirely different media that might be a pain).

Otherwise, if you open up the contents of the project, you'll find that each shot is a folder, and within it are mostly plain text files containing XML. You just need to send them the grade file (.PDL if I recall) which has all the XML in it, they can copy/paste the values into their project.

Worst case scenario, all the work you do shows a numerical value in the interface and you could write it down.

Of course, if your source files don't have the same color values to begin with, none of this will look correct.