who wants a drink?

• Premium Member

I'm in San Francisco on a job today. I'm leaving tomorrow, but I'd be up for grabbing a drink later tonight if anyone is interested. I'm staying at 5th and Mission. It's unlikely I'll be able to check the forum, so give me a call or text if you're thirsty. There is a bar/restaurant at the hotel, but any other close place would be fine. 310-562-5652

Brad Grimmett

• Premium Member

After careful consideration and many hours of on set research with the natives, I've decided to go to Buena Vista. I guess you locals call it BV. I hear the Irish Coffee is famous. So I'll be there probably around 9, but that depends when I'm wrapped. Come on by if you're so inclined

Ahh yes, I've been inside there once. But I don't drink and they'd closed the kitchen, so I haven't really had the experience yet.

There's a cool Irish pub just down the street on Columbus called "Fiddler's Green" that's less crowded/touristy that I usually go to...awesome food and great burgers.

• Premium Member
I'm in San Francisco on a job today. I'm leaving tomorrow, but I'd be up for grabbing a drink later tonight if anyone is interested. I'm staying at 5th and Mission. It's unlikely I'll be able to check the forum, so give me a call or text if you're thirsty. There is a bar/restaurant at the hotel, but any other close place would be fine. 310-562-5652

Brad Grimmett

Damn, just saw your post Brad! That would have been a lot of fun... Next time, I guess. :)

• Premium Member

It was a little last minute. And in the end I never made it to Buena Vista. I'll be back I'm sure and I'll try to give more warning next time.

I did make it to the MOMA before I left. They have a great Lee Friedlander exhibition right now. I recommend it highly. There is some really great photography there right now besides Friedlander as well. Also, I was really happy to finally see Jackson Pollock's "Guardians of the Secret" in person. I'm a Pollock fan and wrote a paper about that painting while I was in college.

• Premium Member
It was a little last minute. And in the end I never made it to Buena Vista. I'll be back I'm sure and I'll try to give more warning next time.

I did make it to the MOMA before I left. They have a great Lee Friedlander exhibition right now. I recommend it highly. There is some really great photography there right now besides Friedlander as well. Also, I was really happy to finally see Jackson Pollock's "Guardians of the Secret" in person. I'm a Pollock fan and wrote a paper about that painting while I was in college.

It's great when you get to see your favorite works of art in person. I spent a very long day perusing an exhibition of Edward Weston not long ago. I must have wandered around in there for 4 hours.

• Premium Member
I did make it to the MOMA before I left. They have a great Lee Friedlander exhibition right now. I recommend it highly.

I went to the Friedlander exhibit not to long ago as well. I love how you could see his skill in printing get more and more refined over the years. SF has a ton of smaller photo and art galleries downtown on or around Market St, might be worth checking out on your next trip.