For Sale: Fries Mitchell 35R

Jay Taylor

Hey everyone,

Well, I bought this camera off ebay from Ken Stone less than a year ago, and it's just been sitting here ever since! Took me this long to realize I can't afford to shoot 35mm!

1 x Fries Mitchell 35R (pellicle beamsplitter version) w/ Nikon mount

1 x 400' magazine

1 x Cohu CCD camera (black & white, for the video tap)

1 x Colorado Video Integration System (helps brighten up the video tap)

Everything's in great condition! Looks brand new!

I should mention that this does NOT come with a motor of any sort. In fact, it doesn't come with the motor side cover either. Won't matter once a motor is on there!

Lots of motors available that will work with this camera. Ground glass is interchangeable, lens mounts are interchangeable. It has a video tap built in, so you can set that up with either the Cohu camera that I'm including, or there's a few others Ken Stone has you could stick on there, too.

I have no idea what kind of demand there is for these types of cameras, so my asking price is $4000. Price IS negotiable! If you're in the states shipping will be included.

If you'd like to see some pictures of everything just let me know and I'll take some for you! Hoping to sell this quick!

Jay

Hey,

Here's the rest?

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

I received a question on whether or not this camera shoots sync sound. It does not! It's very loud when it runs! It can shoot sync with the right motor, but it's still MOS. This camera would be perfect for non-sync shoots! Music videos, commercials, high-speed, time-lapse, animation, etc!

New reduced price! $3500! Even so, the price is still negotiable! Also, shipping is included if you're in the states!

Jay

P.S. Sorry the photos turned out so dark! You can still see everything though!

Sorry Jay but just one light next to camera to light up those dark holes would have helped wasnt trying to be nasty :D

Hey John,

Okay, maybe I'll just take some more pictures outside! It's a nice sunny day out!

Jay

Hello again,

Alright, I took a few more pictures outside to help everyone see some of the camera in better detail!

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

Better? Let me know if you'd like to see anything else in daylight!

Jay

• Premium Member

Hi,

Looks like the camera was recently serviced, anybody wanting to shoot high speed would do well to change the first roller to a larger one, especially with very soft Kodak stock.

The movement is not the original one from the camera, one can see the serial no has been ground away! Probably not an issue as Ken Stone knows what he is doing.

Stephen

• Premium Member

Hi,

Looks like the camera was recently serviced, anybody wanting to shoot high speed would do well to change the first roller to a larger one, especially with very soft Kodak stock.

The movement is not the original one from the camera, the serial no has been ground away! Probably not an issue as Ken Stone knows what he is doing.

Stephen

Hi,

The movement is not the original one from the camera, the serial no has been ground away! Probably not an issue as Ken Stone knows what he is doing.

Stephen

Morning Stephen,

Your probally right about the service being recent. I sawall that Losoid BBR grease (the red stuff) oozeing out of the bearings on the drive side.

Hey guys,

I'm assuming there's no problems with this camera since it came straight from Ken Stone. When I talked to him initially he tested it out with a bunch of different motors up to 120fps, and he said there wasn't any flicker or anything of that nature.

Anyways, my asking price has come down to $3500, and the price is negotiable. Shipping is included if you're in the states. If there's anyone you know of that might be looking for one of these, have them take a look. I'd like to sell this quickly!

Jay

Jay,

I'm sure you already know but just in case... Mitchell movements need to be oiled everyday and if shooting 128 f.p.s. basically every take. So if you power that puppy up don't forget the camera oil on the movement elsewise you will end up with a door stop. lol

cheers,

Chuck

Jay,

I'm sure you already know but just in case... Mitchell movements need to be oiled everyday and if shooting 128 f.p.s. basically every take. So if you power that puppy up don't forget the camera oil on the movement elsewise you will end up with a door stop. lol

cheers,

Chuck

Hey Chris,

Yeah, Ken went over all that with me. It hasn't really been needed, though, since I don't have a motor to run it with anyways!

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone,

Well, I'm planning on putting this camera on ebay in the next couple of weeks, but I'd rather someone on here grab it! So once again?

1 x Fries Mitchell 35R w/Nikon mount

1 x Cohu video tap w/ colorado integration system

1 x 400' mitchell magazine

I'll even include the Nikon lens you see in the pictures. It's one of the series E nikons, 50mm, f/1.8. And shipping is included if your in the states.

Asking price is now only $3000! However, price is no longer negotiable.

Jay