DP PA needed

Job opportunity...

I'm looking for a PA...really for me...to take lighting stills with my slr and print them to be sent in to the dailies colorist. I also need this person to do lighting diagrams of our setups as well. The bad news is that it is not a camera dpt position nor union, just an opportunity...and that it will only pay $10//hr. Must know how to use a digital slr and photoshop (camera raw).

Job starts May 7th. If you or anyone you know are interested, please email me and let me know some background.

Job opportunity...

I'm looking for a PA...really for me...to take lighting stills with my slr and print them to be sent in to the dailies colorist. I also need this person to do lighting diagrams of our setups as well. The bad news is that it is not a camera dpt position nor union, just an opportunity...and that it will only pay $10//hr. Must know how to use a digital slr and photoshop (camera raw).

Job starts May 7th. If you or anyone you know are interested, please email me and let me know some background.

Dear Eric Steelberg,

I read your forum on cinematography.com that said you were seeking

Production Assistant. You stated $10/hour, but the money is not a

concern. I'm concerned about the experience and, of course, inter-

active professional influence.

I located to Los Angeles in 2003 after graduating Univ of Alabama-

Birmingham. In five years I have found various work in various

productions, big and small, and my abroad travels overseas include

London (uk), doc. reality series in Gold Coast, Australia, and 6 mo.

in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Most recently I've enjoyed full event

passes at 2007 AFI Hollywood Film Fest, and 2008 Sundance in

Park City, Utah. I am currently considering graduate study in

Liverpool (uk), or Farnham (uk), or NYU's Tisch School of Arts in

Singapore, Asia. I have a preference for international films.

Although

I'm not fond of the idea of returning to academic settings, simply

b/c my undergrad did me little justice. My academics were with honours.

It's been a long day for me, so I am sending this and I look forward

to speaking further upon your reply. Thank you in advance,

Dan McKeever

01-323-620-2828

PS

Your website includes Juno, which I viewed at it's opening at AFI. It

was very interesting; much more than the opener "Lions For Lambs",

and the closer, which I could critique in various viewpoints.

Job opportunity...

Hi Eric,

I believe I responded to your question of "where are you located". And I think I gave a response,

but have not heard back from you. Have you already found an available local? If so, I send kind

regards. Thanks for the consideration. "Te mando abrazos" as the argentines say, I send open arms.

Dax McKeever

323-620-2828

• 3 weeks later...

So, I hope I'm not stepping over a line when I say this but Eric mentioned to me that this position was creating some Union controversy and that it may not be available. I felt the impression that it may get resolved but I wasn't holding my breath. Does anyone or Eric want to shed some light? Or should this just be forgotten? I'm thinking the latter.

• Premium Member
But I may be overqualified: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0372390/

Sorry Tim, you may have worked on several films that made over $300 million but the fact that you didn't work on any of the three top grossing films of all time makes you under-qualified.

(Hopes Tim realizes I'm being sarcastic)

What a resume though...seriously.

Sorry Tim, you may have worked on several films that made over $300 million but the fact that you didn't work on any of the three top grossing films of all time makes you under-qualified.

(Hopes Tim realizes I'm being sarcastic)

What a resume though...seriously.

Indeed... you know, hey Tim, can I be your assistant? Film Loader? Carry your golf bags?

• 2 weeks later...

So did you ever find a Pa Eric? If not send me an email at grahamcracker587@mail.com. If so hows the shooting going? Im sure it will be a great film, juno was my favorite movie this year! Keep up the good work.

Graham Robbins

• 2 weeks later...