Wanted: s16mm zoom

Sander Ferdinand

I am searching a zoom lens for my s16mm camera. I was looking for something around 2100$. I know there are some nice old angie's/cookes around for this price but i can't seem to find any.

PL-mount or Aaton-mount

Prefarably something like 8-64mm

Anyone ? :lol:

Edited by Sander Ferdinand

FULLY SUPER 16 ZOOM FOR SALE

I have a Fujinon 14mm to 168mm zoom lens at f1.9. It also has a built ib 2x converter, which makes it 28mm to 336mm. And a macro button. It has an arri bayonet mount which is on a 'universal' fitting. ie you can replace it with PL or arri s ( or anything else really ). It was serviced by Les Bosher a while back , I purchased it from a BBC wildlife cameraman who used it extensively for tv. It comes with a rubber lens hood too and aluminium flightcase. I have too many lenses and I am selling it for the £600 ( UK pounds ) I paid for it plus post.

best

rob spence

If you can afford spending a little more, consider looking at a Zeiss 12-120 T2.4 Zoom lens. Many of them were originally 10-100, but have been covered to 12-120 to cover a Super 16 gate. Its a sharp and versatile lens for the money.

Regards,

Joshua

I am searching a zoom lens for my s16mm camera. I was looking for something around 2100$. I know there are some nice old angie's/cookes around for this price but i can't seem to find any.

PL-mount or Aaton-mount

Prefarably something like 8-64mm

Anyone ? :lol:

Thanks for all the reply's. I will look into your offers.

If you can afford spending a little more, consider looking at a Zeiss 12-120 T2.4 Zoom lens. Many of them were originally 10-100, but have been covered to 12-120 to cover a Super 16 gate. Its a sharp and versatile lens for the money.

Regards,

Joshua

Well, i have considered this lens but the only 'deal' i found on this item is the one Visual Products is selling for 6900$. A little bit out of my league i'd say, since it's 4800$ more then i originally wanted to spend, hehe.

Link to Visual Products

Edited by Sander Ferdinand

• 3 weeks later...

Whitehouse AV carries a line of PL mounted Angenieux 17.5-70mm lenses. They cover super 16mm throughout the zoom range. I believe it's around 1K. It's a nice lens, certainly can't beat the $$. I own one and my only complaint is pronounced breathing when racking focus. Check out their website for photos: whitehouseaudiovisual.com

Good luck with your search.

Whitehouse AV carries a line of PL mounted Angenieux 17.5-70mm lenses. They cover super 16mm throughout the zoom range. I believe it's around 1K. It's a nice lens, certainly can't beat the $. I own one and my only complaint is pronounced breathing when racking focus. Check out their website for photos: whitehouseaudiovisual.com

Good luck with your search.

I own one of these and I love it, except for the breathing you mentioned. I bought mine (Arri S mount, new old stock) with case and the 10 to 50mm R16 conversion adaptor for $500 from eBay. You can get high quality, machined Arri to PL mount adaptor rings for about $500. Or someone like Bernie O'Doherty can convert it to PL mount for less than that. I also own an Angie 15-150 T1.9 zoom that I bought for $650 on ebay as well. I like both lenses very much and they produce images virtually indistinguishable to the ones produced by the wider and much more respected Optex converted Cooke 10-60mm T3 zoom of the same era, only faster and for a tenth of the price.