Arriscope Lenses

Landon D. Parks

Huh? What the hell is a "popularity vote"? Please just admit for once that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. And PLEASE learn how to write, spell, and read. It's really very sad and annoying that you can't seem to communicate above a third grade level but you purport to understand politics and to know what's going on in the world. I think all of us are a bit dumber after reading your posts.

Grimmett, you can't leave anything alone can you? I tryed to end this conversation that is getting no where a long time ago. Why can't you just forget about it? and for your info:

A popularity vote is REAL, turn to CNN, MSNB.... you will get your anser to that question.

Huh? What the hell is a "popularity vote"? Please just admit for once that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. And PLEASE learn how to write, spell, and read. It's really very sad and annoying that you can't seem to communicate above a third grade level but you purport to understand politics and to know what's going on in the world. I think all of us are a bit dumber after reading your posts.

Grimmitt, I'm tired of your rude comments. I have never said anything rude about you, ever. Now Its getting on my nerves, and Im sure its getting on the nerves of other people who could care less about what you think of me. It's taking up forum space with usless ramblings that no one really cares about or wants to hear.

I know you think your better than me, but that is just not true. Cause im sure most people feel that when you have to talk rude about someone, you are no more than a spoiled little child. Or at least thats what I see.

It seems to me that you have started making VERY rude comments once I showed my support for a different leader. This goes to show me that you are unable to handle rejection, and that you feel if your rejected, you have to fight back. This will get you no where in the film industry. Becuase, If your unable to handle rejection, then your out right there.

Lets put ourselves 10 years in the future: You have this great idea for a movie! you take it to Michael Lynne, and he tells you its horrible. Whatb are you gonna do, pick a fist fight with him? Call him names? It sure looks like what you would do.

I think you need take to heart some of the stuff that I said in this post, because it could come in handy one day.

P.S) This post is not here to attack you grimmett, its here for you to learn from. And I feel everything I'v said in this post is 1,000,000 times better than ANYTHING you have said about me.

I had made a mistake by loading my Bush Banner on the forum, its time you accepted that its gone. And we need to get back to filmmaking. If you want to discuse politics there a very nice chat room over @ Yahoo.

Edited by Landon D. Parks

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It´s great to read so much useful information about Arriscope lenses.

I really feel my technique is growing very fast with your comments.

BTW

i´m sure there´s some pretty girl living near you

maybe they are playing baseball outside

common boys

go out and play

why don´t we leave serious things to serious people

It´s great to read so much useful information about Arriscope lenses.

I really feel my technique is growing very fast with your comments.

BTW

i´m sure there´s some pretty girl living near you

maybe they are playing baseball outside

common boys

go out and play

why don´t we leave serious things to serious people

Ummmm... What? :rolleyes: I guess I dont understand.. sorry.

Edited by Landon D. Parks

Guest Daniel J. Ashley-Smith

He means we should drop it, go do something else. And I can't agree more.

Grimmett your accusing others of not knowing anything about politics, yet you don't know what a popularity vote is. Sorry to sound abrupt, but come on, your just asking for trouble when you carried the argument on.

Don't bother replying to this message, just forget it.

• Premium Member
A popularity vote is REAL, turn to CNN, MSNB.... you will get your anser to that question.

Anyone who thinks Bush got elected by a 'popularity vote' does not know what he/she is talking about. Just because 59 Million people voted for him does not mean he is a popular president. Far from that. He only got 51% of the votes. That means 49% of the people DID NOT vote for him. In case you haven't noticed it the US is a deeply divided country at this point in time and to claim otherwise just proves ignorance on the subject matter.

Anyone who thinks Bush got elected by a 'popularity vote' does not know what he/she is talking about.

I think it's more a matter of opinion, Max.

Just because 59 Million people voted for him does not mean he is a popular president

51% of the entire country voted for him, I'd say he's very popular...

Edited by Daniel J. Ashley-Smith

• Premium Member

Oh yeah? You should know your history before you make such statments.

1932: Roosevelt - 60.2% of the votes

1956: Eisenhower - 57.4%

1964: Johnson - 61.1%

1972: Nixon - 60.7%

1984: Reagan - 58.8%

Even Bush's daddy got 53.4% of the votes in 1988...

Regardless of what other presidents got, 51% is still a huge amount of votes. Your saying a man who get's over half the countries vote isn't popular?

He only scraped the 1%, but I never said John wasn't popular either.

• Premium Member

Hi,

No, he's not popular! For crying out loud, he got elected on a 1% majority! How is this in any way unclear? As US presidents go, he's only just barely popular enough to even BE one - and the first time around he actually wasn't.

As far as I can see, the US is no longer fit to govern itself, and hasn't been a democracy since 2000. Ironic, for a country that prides itself so on democratic principle. As a fairly pro-American person, it surprises me that I'm feeling this way, but the actions of the US of late have been so inexcusably despicable that I've given serious thought to whether I ever want to set foot in the country again. I'll probably have to - there are people there who I like and respect - but it disquiets me in the extreme to think that the US government will have my fingerprints on file. I can think of no entity in the world who I trust less not to misuse the information.

This is not a personal attack on Americans in general, even lifelong republicans - being brought up in that kind of environment will do unfortunate things to your outlook - and I know a large proportion of the inhabitants of the country are deeply, palpably embarrassed by the actions of their government. I know I cringe in shame when it's mentioned that Blair is tacitly supporting Bush.

Phil

No, he's not popular!

Oh really.. then explain the 59 million votes.

Anyway, I can't be arsed to argue over Americas political situation, I live in England. America is none of my concern. And secondly, I'm off to a fireworks display, much more enjoyable.

Well if he was elected, then re-elected, he must be on the lines of being popular. Otherwise he wouldn't be president.

Savvy?

Can everyone please just SHUT UP :)

See Zach has the idea!

And yes, consider this my final post. I'm not going to say that and then carry on talking..

• Premium Member
Well if he was elected, then re-elected, he must be on the lines of being popular. Otherwise he wouldn't be president.

If only it were that easy...

May I suggest that you read the biography of Lyndon B. Johnson by Robert Caro, it will give you a good idea what politics is about.

If only it were that easy...

May I suggest that you read the biography of Lyndon B. Johnson by Robert Caro, it will give you a good idea what politics is about.

Max. end of conversation.

• Premium Member
He means we should drop it, go do something else. And I can't agree more.

Grimmett your accusing others of not knowing anything about politics, yet you don't know what a popularity vote is. Sorry to sound abrupt, but come on, your just asking for trouble when you carried the argument on.

Don't bother replying to this message, just forget it.

It's the poular vote. It's not a "popularity vote". That's the point I was making. It was very simple. I guess it wasn't simple enough for some people to understand. From now on I'll try to over-simplify everything I post now to appease the under-educated people on this forum.

In regards to "dropping it", take a look at who has made the most posts in this thread on this topic and then tell me who needs to drop it.

• Premium Member

That's ABSOLUTELY NOT true. 51% of the people in this country that VOTED, voted for Bush. Only about 1/5th of the people in this country voted. Please be aware of what you're writing and how wrong it is before you write it.

• Premium Member
Regardless of what other presidents got, 51% is still a huge amount of votes. Your saying a man who get's over half the countries vote isn't popular?

He only scraped the 1%, but I never said John wasn't popular either.

You act like there were ten candidates or something.....

51% is an extremely narrow margin when there are only two candidates.

• Premium Member
"Grimmett, you can't leave anything alone can you? I tryed to end this conversation that is getting no where a long time ago. Why can't you just forget about it?"

So you run your mouth and then expect people to agree with you and shut up? You and Bush have that in common I guess, but I don't play that game.

"Grimmitt, I'm tired of your rude comments. I have never said anything rude about you, ever. Now Its getting on my nerves, and Im sure its getting on the nerves of other people who could care less about what you think of me. It's taking up forum space with usless ramblings that no one really cares about or wants to hear."

I'm tired of your un-informed blather, and you've been getting on my nerves for months, as well as the nerves of many other people on this forum. They've been very polite with you, but you continue on with your crap and it's gotten VERY old. As far as taking up forum space with "usless ramblings that no one really cares about or wants to hear", you should take a look at the majority of your posts. Most of them fit that description.

"I know you think your better than me, but that is just not true. Cause im sure most people feel that when you have to talk rude about someone, you are no more than a spoiled little child. Or at least thats what I see."

I didn't "talk rude" about you, I told you the truth. There is a difference. The truth can hurt, but that doesn't mean it's not true. I don't think I'm better than you, but I do think that you should listen more and talk less.

"It seems to me that you have started making VERY rude comments once I showed my support for a different leader. This goes to show me that you are unable to handle rejection, and that you feel if your rejected, you have to fight back. This will get you no where in the film industry. Becuase, If your unable to handle rejection, then your out right there."

I think what I managed to decifer out of the jumble of words you've written above is that you think I'll get "no where" in the film business. Well, the film business is my living. I pay my bills by working in the film business, and have for years. How long have you been in the business? Oh I forgot, you're not in the business. I think that says enough.

Your support for a "different leader" has nothing to do with anything, except that you continue to bring it into the conversation on a forum that has nothing to do with politics. Are you trying to blame that on me?

"Lets put ourselves 10 years in the future: You have this great idea for a movie! you take it to Michael Lynne, and he tells you its horrible. Whatb are you gonna do, pick a fist fight with him? Call him names? It sure looks like what you would do."

Yes, of course! I'm going to pick a fight with Michael Lynne! Is that the answer you were looking for?

"I think you need take to heart some of the stuff that I said in this post, because it could come in handy one day."

Thanks for the advice, but I think I'll stick to what I've been doing since you started posting on this forum......doing my best to forget everything you've written after I've read it. The day you actually post something informative is the day I'll start trying to remember it. Until then I think I'll continue to do the things that have made me successful so far......like reading and learning from experts, but I guess you wouldn't understand that.

"P.S) This post is not here to attack you grimmett, its here for you to learn from. And I feel everything I'v said in this post is 1,000,000 times better than ANYTHING you have said about me."

Are you actually trying to talk to me like you're some kind of wise elder? It's laughable.

What you've said in this post is that you think you know everything and that you're qualified to tell a working professional in the film business how to better himself and further his career despite the fact that you have absolutely NO professional experience in this business and absolutely no idea what you're talking about. You've got some nerve. I'm offended that YOU would try to tell me how to better myself. I come to this forum to read and share information with other professionals and serious amateurs, and I end up having to sort through some know-it-all teenager's ramblings and self-aggrandizing bullshit. And I'm not afraid to say that I'm sick of it. Get your mom to drive you to the library and do a little reading before you post all of this mis-information that you're so proud to post on this forum. I'm not alone in feeling this way. Just because you've seen the behind the scenes extras on the Lord of the Rings DVD doesn't mean you have any clue at all as to what you're talking about.

"I had made a mistake by loading my Bush Banner on the forum, its time you accepted that its gone. And we need to get back to filmmaking. If you want to discuse politics there a very nice chat room over @ Yahoo."

My responses to you have been just that.....responses. You should take your own advice and head over to that political chat room.

By the way, when I post on this forum it says Camera/Steadicam Operator under my name for a reason. That's what I do for a living. In case that confuses you, it means that I work on movies, commercials, television shows, and music videos as a camera operator and steadicam operator and people pay me for my services. Don't worry, you'll understand that someday when you have to support yourself.

Writing "Feature Film Director" or some other ridiculous job title under your name doesn't MAKE you a director or producer, Landon. It makes you a liar. Please remember that the next time you invent a title to go under your name.

Edited by grimmett

It's tempting to argue that but I am mature and smart enough to hold back and say no, you've had your last laugh, now forget it.