frame discreet

Joe Bressler

hi i am shooting a project and i need to have the film in and out as quickly as possible with good results

i am in cleveland and frame discreet is one of the better "main" houses that is closer to me in comparison to the rest.

my concern is dealing with customs/border patrol and paying duties and all that. has anyone been in a similar situation? how long did shipping usually take? i am probably going to pay to have the film 1-2 day rush transferred. i know most houses have a minimum cost but i did discreet's 'film cost calculator' and it did not appear there was one. is this true?

i am hoping to have the film back in under two weeks from when i ship it out. is this realistic?

thanks and take care

Hey Joe,

Give me a call tomorrow at the studio and I can help sort ya out. 416.803.1101.

Minimum fee is 50' (1 cartridge) S8 or 100' 16mm.

In general, when shipping across the border if you declare a value over $100 you will get charged some kind of fee.

Most people keep the value under $100 and claim it as 'other or documentation'.. as well they state it is home movie film, with 'no commercial value'.

UPS usually nails you on some kind of fees- I have not had good experiences with them.

FedEx Express is far more reliable.

Purolator has been excellent for shipping within Canada, and no problems thus far to the US (however most people trust in FedEx when going across the border).