Exercise video project.... yikes

mabou

Hi all,

I am in over my head again. I have a two camera HVX200 shoot of a small group doing an hour long exercise video. Two of the girls will have mics on. The girls are vets to recording workouts and they claim they will be able to pull off the non-stop exercise with only one or two performance goofs where we stop and start over a few seconds back.

Here are the complicated parts:

1) Two cameras, need to be syncd for ease of editing in post.

2) Two of the girls will be mic'd.

3) The workout music has to play live for the girls to exercise to, and also needs to be fed to camera A in stereo.

4) As mentioned above, if the girls have to stop for a mistake they made, we might need to back up the music (lets say 30 seconds) and pick up the routine again. In post this will be an edit, but on the shoot, what music source could I use that will be sync'd to the cameras?

argh.....

• Premium Member

Any basic PA mixer setup should allow for stereo outputs to send the music to a camera and also the playback speakers. You can use any audio source you like, like a CD or ipod. Send the music to one camera, and the girls' mics to the other (as separate tracks). As a backup send a copy of the music on CD or audio file to the editor.

You can jam-synch the timecode between cameras as outlined in the manual, and/or use an old-fashioned clapper slate at the head of each take for both cameras.