DOP needed!

Hi everyone,

what is the best way to find a DOP? Is there any advise or Help with any adresses or contacts? I am looking for a director of photography for the next feature film that we are going to shoot in Tirana, Albania in September this year.

The film is very low budget and we haven't decided yet on which format 35mm, 16mm or HD. Everything concerning the technique is to be hired/rented but the first step is to make an agreement with the DOP.

Can someone help with some info or adresses?

Edited by Mevlan Shanaj

Hi everyone,

what is the best way to find a DOP? Is there any advise or Help with any adresses or contacts? I am looking for a director of photography for the next feature film that we are going to shoot in Tirana, Albania in September this year.

The film is very low budget and we haven't decided yet on which format 35mm, 16mm or HD. Everything concerning the technique is to be hired/rented but the first step is to make an agreement with the DOP.

Yes, post this down in the Jobs and Resumes forum, and you'll find plenty of responses. I'd apply myself, but I am in the US, and this looks to be a european production.

Thanks to everyone for the valuable help and everyone who has answered and shown interest in our project. I haven't had the possibility to check the answers in detail but of course it will be done as soon as possible i.e. I will return in a few days with personal contact to the DOP's who have already or are still willing to show interest in this project.

My home adress concerning everyone who is interested to send sample dvd's is:

Mevlan Shanaj

Rruga e Dibres 198/1

Tirana Albania

*thanks and best wishes

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone,

Hi Mevlan,

My name is Rick Drapkin. Please check out my website at: www.rickdrapkin.com . Just to let you know a little about me, I have been working professionally in the camera dept. for 22 years. Featurewise, the last couple of movies that I worked on ,as an operator, were : Indiana Jones, Hancock,Dark Sky, and Hollywood and Wine. I'm currantly shooting a biker comedy movie in Pittsburgh, Pa. I live in Los angeles,but I travel all over the world. I own and operate steadicam as well. For 3 years, I was the A camera/Steadicam operator on the tv show" Medium" . I also shot all the 2nd units as well as a couple episodes as the main D.P. 60 episodes in total on that show. Please let me know if you want to talk further. All the best, Rick Drapkin

• 1 month later...