2 Perf Kinor 35C with Lenses

Mike Nichols

Hi!

I am sorry to admit, but I am moving my Kinor and getting a RED! Don't bash me...PLEASE :)

Here are the specs:

2 Perf Kinor 35C with TWO (2) 400' mags.

1 24V Battery

Long and Short Eye Piece and Lomo Lenses

18mm T2.9

22mm T2.4

35mm T1.5

75mm T1.6

DuAll Video Tap

Looking for $10,000 for the total package. Make me an offer :)

mikeymoves AT gmail DOT com

• Premium Member

Wow, Mike. Beautiful footage. Do you really want to say goodbye to such a lovely format? and such a wide format as well. I love that wideness.

I've really liked Kevin Corrigan since Kick in the Head. What was he like on the set? Easy to work with?

Wow, Mike. Beautiful footage. Do you really want to say goodbye to such a lovely format? and such a wide format as well. I love that wideness.

I've really liked Kevin Corrigan since Kick in the Head. What was he like on the set? Easy to work with?

Yeah, the camera is great...I actually just posted in the kinor forum that I already have sellers remorse...Truth be told, I am booking more jobs that are digital these days, so a RED makes more sense. I am also interested in getting my hands on a Phantom. I saw some footage and all I can say is W O W.

I actually wasn't involved with On the Road with Judas. I just know those guys and ended up buying their camera!

• Premium Member

I hope you get a good price for it. I'd like to buy it, but, am dead broke. I'll probably chop up this Mitchell blimp to fit my 35R3. It's unbelievably huge and heavy. But, I already own it.

• Premium Member

Actually, I posted it over at www.Konvas.org for Mike.

One of the members purchased it, and it will shortly be shooting films in Ecuador.

The man who will be shooting with the Kinor is quite an amazing DP, IMHO. He regularly posts his stories of home built HD to anamorphic film-out devices, no budget digital workflows and other shooting adventures in his country.

Lately there have been more Kinor posts on Konvas.org than Konvas. Also, webmeister Adam Frey has organized a lot of archived posts from a few years ago when the Russian camera thing was a lot more active, and there is some very useful material to look through if one has an interest in Russian 35 and 16mm motion picture cameras.

Bruce

Do you know if anyone over there has a 35C gate for sale, preferably an anamorphic gate? I need one OR to machine an academy one before we go into production in November. I've been to the Knovas site recently but haven't seen more than a few posts. Am I missing something? Also what happened to Commiecam.com? I went over there yesterday and nada! It'd be a REAL shame if such a terrific source of info on Russian motion picture cameras was lost. :(

• Premium Member
Am I missing something? Also what happened to Commiecam.com? I went over there yesterday and nada!

I have forgotten the name of the guy who put together and hosted the commiecam site, but he decided to shut it down. The good news is that he gave all the files to the webmaster (Adam Frey) at Konvas.org. Adam has kindly posted the web pages on that site.

I had forgotten a detail on Konvas mag threading yesterday, and I pulled up the same great pages on mags that had been up at commiecam.

James, you might try a post over at Konvas.org for the 35C anamorphic gate you need, someone might have one gathering dust in their closet.

It's all too true that the activity over there has wained. Between the supply of Kinor and Konvassi drying up and the move by so many to the Dark Side :huh: (its a joke!), things have been pretty quiet.

Bruce

Actually, I posted it over at www.Konvas.org for Mike.

One of the members purchased it, and it will shortly be shooting films in Ecuador.

The man who will be shooting with the Kinor is quite an amazing DP, IMHO. He regularly posts his stories of home built HD to anamorphic film-out devices, no budget digital workflows and other shooting adventures in his country.

Lately there have been more Kinor posts on Konvas.org than Konvas. Also, webmeister Adam Frey has organized a lot of archived posts from a few years ago when the Russian camera thing was a lot more active, and there is some very useful material to look through if one has an interest in Russian 35 and 16mm motion picture cameras.

Bruce

Thanks again Bruce! The potential buyer is a killer DP. I checked out his reel. In addition, he seems to be a very genuine and enthusiastic person about film and life in general! Svetlana (my 35C) will have herself a new home soon!