Setting to compress a for high quality Reel for website

Hi everyone

i have been trying to compress my reel to under 4MB to be able to upload it on my website, but the quality i get is not that great....my reel is 2 minutes long.Anybody has a idea on how to get a high quality Reel under 4MB. Thank you so much for helping out.( i use Compessor and FCP)

As soon as i get it online, i would love to get some feedback.Everything was shot on film.I"ll have a separate reel for stuff i shot in video.

Thank you again

http://www.raphaellegossegardet.com/

Edited by rafgosse

• Premium Member

The best i've found, in the new compressor, is he h.264 for ipod and iphone, but I'd bet it'd be over 4mb.

You can always start with that and tweak down to get the right size; but for what it's worth the h.264 is what i stick to (see in my reel for an example)

I think, given my reel is 31mb and 3:30-ish long, it's a little under 10mb/min.

I'm pretty sure you can limit the total data in the options to 2mb, and from there, the compressor (FCP, Compressor, quicktime...etc) will do the math for you. Expect bad video results with high quality audio settings.

Check out www.vimeo.com ; they allow you to upload HD videos, they are pretty fast, and you can embed the video onto your website, saving bandwidth!

I'm pretty sure you can limit the total data in the options to 2mb, and from there, the compressor (FCP, Compressor, quicktime...etc) will do the math for you. Expect bad video results with high quality audio settings.

Check out www.vimeo.com ; they allow you to upload HD videos, they are pretty fast, and you can embed the video onto your website, saving bandwidth!

thank you , i ll try vimeo righ away.