Super 8 Processing in Australia

Keith Walters

• Premium Member

Some time ago there was post on here from an Australian company announcing that they were now offering Super-8 reversal processing in Australia. However I can't find find it no matter what combination of search words I use.

Can anybody help? What do most of you do?

(This has probably been discussed before, but I don't visit this section very often).

• Premium Member
Some time ago there was post on here from an Australian company announcing that they were now offering Super-8 reversal processing in Australia. However I can't find find it no matter what combination of search words I use.

Can anybody help? What do most of you do?

(This has probably been discussed before, but I don't visit this section very often).

Try this forum link.

http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/in...mp;hl=Australia

I had some reversal processed by Nanolabs last year and they did a pretty good job, considering the footage had been lying unprocessed in a shoebox for about 15 years it still came back good.

• Premium Member
I had some reversal processed by Nanolabs last year and they did a pretty good job, considering the footage had been lying unprocessed in a shoebox for about 15 years it still came back good.

That's encouraging. My film is five years past its expiry date. It contains some footage taken of my father shortly before he died, and I couldn't remember what I did with the camera. I finally stumbled on it last week in a remote corner of our wine cellar, where I had put it hoping the cool conditions would extend its shelf life! It's remarkable how long it takes to use up 50 feet of Super-8.