Digital Noise Removal

Albert Smith

Ok, so I have some HVX footage with a good deal of noise....it looks as if the gain was turned on (in daylight) to around 12db. Does anyone have any ideas for either places that specialize in this or things I can do to help remove this awful noise so we can use the footage alongside other clean HVX footage.

thanks for any info!!

-Jake

Ok, so I have some HVX footage with a good deal of noise....it looks as if the gain was turned on (in daylight) to around 12db. Does anyone have any ideas for either places that specialize in this or things I can do to help remove this awful noise so we can use the footage alongside other clean HVX footage.

thanks for any info!!

-Jake

maybe you can try to fix this to a certain amount with some good software.

PFClean would be an option, as well as some other plug-in sets (maybe there is something from "the foundry" to denoise, i think the "furnace" package has something like that). but i cannot say that this will look as good as your "clean" footage in the end.

althoug, these tools are not cheap...

do you have some screen-grabs to take a look at the problem?

timo

yea here is a still, ideally it would be easier if we could send out the footage and have it delt with so we don't have to run something on our system and work with it, just because it would cut into editing time.

Still link: www.lookatrubbish.com/Picture3.png

thanks again!

Edited by Jake Zalutsky

• Premium Member

You can probably send this out to any one of a number of post houses - just make sure they're set up to receive P2 material.

Usual thing. Get three quotes, look at examples of their work... it's just a business...

P

You can probably send this out to any one of a number of post houses - just make sure they're set up to receive P2 material.

Usual thing. Get three quotes, look at examples of their work... it's just a business...

P

yea figured haven't made any calls yet, i have the footage in dvcproHD now too so no mxfs or anything, anyone should be able to handle the dvcproHD.

Its looking like I need to find a post house with one of these guys.

http://www.algolith.com/products/broadcast...n-hd/index.html

yea figured haven't made any calls yet, i have the footage in dvcproHD now too so no mxfs or anything, anyone should be able to handle the dvcproHD.

sorry for not getting back to you earlier. i think phil is right when saying that you should contact some post-houses to solve your problem.

so you can keep on editing and later just replace the dirty with the hopefully clean shots... but don´t expect miracles!

greets,

timo