Nikon R10 can't focus

Sasithorn Ariyavicha

Hi,

I can only focus when I zoom all the way in. When I zoom out, everything is out of focus. I try adjusting the eyesight adjustment but it doesn't help. I took it to a photo store, they assumed that it was because the lens internal glasses are not in proper order when the previous owner cleaned them. They said they could reassemble them if I had the diagram. I looked around on the web but couldn't find any. Please help. Thanks!

Hi there,

its not by any chance just stuck in the macro mode? Do you know how to switch between macro and normal with the lens? the zoom ring can be slid forwards and backwards to shift between these modes. Are you sure its not just stuck in macro?

cheers,

Richard

Hi there,

its not by any chance just stuck in the macro mode? Do you know how to switch between macro and normal with the lens? the zoom ring can be slid forwards and backwards to shift between these modes. Are you sure its not just stuck in macro?

cheers,

Richard

I looked at the manual again. You're probably right because on the manual it says on macro mode, the red/orange numbers on the zoom ring are uncovered. These numbers are always uncovered on my camera. I can't pull the zoom ring back to cover them. Any tips?

If the orange numbers are always showing, then yes, its in macro alright. The zoom ring needs to be slid towards the body of the camera. There is no lock or anything, so it must be jammed. Use some gentle force (hands only). Keep at it till it loosens. It will come eventually. keep trying.

cheers,

Richard

If the orange numbers are always showing, then yes, its in macro alright. The zoom ring needs to be slid towards the body of the camera. There is no lock or anything, so it must be jammed. Use some gentle force (hands only). Keep at it till it loosens. It will come eventually. keep trying.

cheers,

Richard

You're right! I followed your advice and finally released the macro slider. It took some time, though. Thanks much!