?Tascam or others? with 8-16 tracks analog

Guest Glen Alexander

Guest Glen Alexander

besides the obvious answer of searching ebay, anyone know where to rent or buy multitrack reel to reel must be able to do 30 in/sec

besides the obvious answer of searching ebay, anyone know where to rent or buy multitrack reel to reel must be able to do 30 in/sec

I dont think many places rent analog tape machines any more. I would probably contact recording studios in your area. I know Refraze Recording Studio in Dayton OH has several 24 track analog machines, really nice ones that they keep in shape. Keep in mind that analog machines must be kept up on and calibrated regularly and just finding the tape to calibrate them is a crazy search. Good luck with it

Guest Glen Alexander
I dont think many places rent analog tape machines any more. I would probably contact recording studios in your area. I know Refraze Recording Studio in Dayton OH has several 24 track analog machines, really nice ones that they keep in shape. Keep in mind that analog machines must be kept up on and calibrated regularly and just finding the tape to calibrate them is a crazy search. Good luck with it

i've got a particular interest in the Studer A827 or Sony APR-5000.