Gaffer Needed

Hi everyone:

My friends and I did a short that just won a grant from the Doorpost Film Project (www.thedoorpost.com). They awarded fifteen grants, that go towards producing 15 short films, one of which is ours...

So we're looking for a talented gaffer to join our team. Yes, there is some pay involved, but not a lot. The grant wasn't huge -- everyone is working for the same rate of 100$ per day -- if you're interested, and have some experience, please get in touch.

Our DP is very talented and had a short in Cannes several years ago, and just finished shooting her first feature starring John Malkovitch. The rest of the crew is equally fantastic, and we have high hopes of turning in another strong short.

Our shoot dates are July 12-16 and we're shooting in super 16mm.

Thanks,

--Bragi

Sounds interesting. Where are you shooting?

--d

Hi everyone:

My friends and I did a short that just won a grant from the Doorpost Film Project (www.thedoorpost.com). They awarded fifteen grants, that go towards producing 15 short films, one of which is ours...

So we're looking for a talented gaffer to join our team. Yes, there is some pay involved, but not a lot. The grant wasn't huge -- everyone is working for the same rate of 100$ per day -- if you're interested, and have some experience, please get in touch.

Our DP is very talented and had a short in Cannes several years ago, and just finished shooting her first feature starring John Malkovitch. The rest of the crew is equally fantastic, and we have high hopes of turning in another strong short.

Our shoot dates are July 12-16 and we're shooting in super 16mm.

Thanks,

--Bragi

Sorry, neglected to mention we're shooting in Los Angeles. Also should mention that the winning short receives funding for a third project, so if all goes well, the production would roll right into another gig, which would be significantly higher budget. That said, I've seen and met the other fourteen filmmakers, and they're all damn talented, so the competition is steep. But we have a great crew so far, and are hoping to find an equally fantastic gaffer. Please keep us in mind, or if you know someone who might be into it, send them my way. Thanks! And if you're bored, check out the shorts at www.thedoorpost.com.

--Bragi

Guest Spiros Andreou

well if you're really stuck, I'm free for that week if you fly me there and put me up somewhere!

sorry I can't do any better, but I'll ask around some US-based colleagues and see if anyone knows a gaffer out there

Thanks for responding, everyone, but I believe we have found our gaffer. Our DP brought someone on whom she has worked with previously, so I think we're set. If anything changes, I will definitely get in touch.

All the best,

--Bragi