F950, F23, and Viper?

Andrew McCarrick

Would I be able to match footage from the F950, F23 and Viper (in RGB mode)? I'm pretty clear on the Gamma settings for the F23, but I can't really find information on the F950 and Viper. Does the F950 have the same Gamma Settings as the F23 (S LOG and HyperGamma 1-4)? Could I create similar Gamma settings on the Viper?

• Premium Member
Would I be able to match footage from the F950, F23 and Viper (in RGB mode)? I'm pretty clear on the Gamma settings for the F23, but I can't really find information on the F950 and Viper. Does the F950 have the same Gamma Settings as the F23 (S LOG and HyperGamma 1-4)? Could I create similar Gamma settings on the Viper?

I don't think the F950, which is older, offers all the same gamma settings as the F23, though I'm sure you could customize one to get close. The Viper in FilmStream mode offers very little image manipulation other than the 10-bit Log emulation it creates. In HD-Stream, you probably could create a gamma setting that is comparable. You'd want the help of a DIT or engineering type.