Meter cases

Dan Salzmann

Greetings all,

The very poorly constructed Sekonic case for my Sekonic 508C has been held together by gaffer tape for awhile now and I would like to replace it with a form fitting leather case. Any ideas as to where I can find one? I would also consider a very heavy duty cordura case if it was well constructed.

Dan,

I use Pelican, the 1200 series is good... I have #1120 for my Sekonic and I can add a spare meter if I ever need to. I also have it in Bright Yellow so that it doesn't get confused with the other black cases I have. And I can always say, look in the yellow case; it is easy to identify.

C.-

[edit] Oh and it has the foam and water proof and I carved out a nice fit for the meter. The case can be treated pretty rough.

[2nd edit] Look in http://www.pelican.com

Edited by Carlos M. Icaza

Actually, PortaBrace will make custom cases for you. Just call them up and give them the dimensions. But it will prove far more expensive then getting something ready-made by another manufacturer. In New York you can go to B&H Photo and flip through the racks of various sized still camera belt pouches until you find one that's a good size. You may be able to browse these at b&hphotovideo.com.