Reputible Casting in Los Angeles?

Guest Glen Alexander

Guest Glen Alexander

Am looking for personal reccommendations for good casting director or agency in Los Angeles, I may need a small role but non-extra filled.

NO solicitations.

NO mandy.com

What sort of project? What sort of budget?

For bigger budgets, I've used the folks at Ulrich/Dawson/Kritzer (specifically Andy Henry) with great success. 818-623-1818. 4705 Laurel Canyon Blvd. Suite 410 Valley Village, CA 91607. They're a VERY busy office, though, so they pick and choose their projects.

For smaller budgets, Bonnie Gillespie is very good, and willing to work at a steep discount if it's a genuinely tiny budget and a project she believes in. http://cricketfeet.com/casting/

For zero-budget, I recommend posting a breakdown to your fellow filmmakers saying "does anyone know a great actor who fits this who's willing to work for copy/meals?" I'm sure I'm not the only one who keeps files. (Be sure to include union status when asking.)

Guest Glen Alexander
What sort of project? What sort of budget?

For smaller budgets, Bonnie Gillespie is very good, and willing to work at a steep discount if it's a genuinely tiny budget and a project she believes in. http://cricketfeet.com/casting/

Great!

Thanks for that.

It's low-budget but pay is scale but non-union.

It's low-budget but pay is scale but non-union.

If there's pay, it'll be much easier to get good people, even non-union (though non-union does seriously limit your talent pool in this town). Also remember that if you can give the CD some money (even just a small honorarium) they'll be much more able to help, because "free" projects are always done on an "as I have time/inclination" basis, and the good CDs don't have downtime for long...

Good luck!